shopping bags made from feed bags

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I don't know if they can be done efficiently by hand- they ravel so fast when you cut them. Unless you baste first- which sounds like a lot of work by hand, but that's how I do them on the machine.

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What a neat idea! Love the photos.

But I have no time to sew right now. Maybe over Winter. Hmmmm....and then sell them at the farmers market. Shopping bags and baskets are all the rage there for showing one's......"greeness".

Panther Creek Homestead

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I bet selling them at the farmer's market would go over great. People would love the idea of being green and you are selling something with a large profit margin!

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Great Idea. I am saving ALL of the "eco-green" bags I've bought at Aldi, Lowe's, grocery stores, etc. for next year. I suspect that grocery stores are going to try to save costs by charging for bags next year. :ep :th Shocking, isn't it.

ducks4you

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We've been having some great sales on canned goods and meat lately--how about you?
BTW, got a new Avatar from the book, "Farmer Duck" :D

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ducks4you said:
Great Idea. I am saving ALL of the "eco-green" bags I've bought at Aldi, Lowe's, grocery stores, etc. for next year. I suspect that grocery stores are going to try to save costs by charging for bags next year. :ep :th Shocking, isn't it.
Many stores here are already charging!