shortages

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Anyone getting panicky over the huge 1100+ pt drop in the stockmarket, and again another drop today? Besides all the talk of the baby formula shortages/unavailability???
Gas went up another 15 cents in the last 2 days...
^^^Yes! Yes and Yes. We are stocked and have pretty much what we need but I still worry.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You will be!! :lol: although I'm sure you meant buy into stock, not buy into fencing with.

Yeah, it's $110 a roll more than the same I bought this time last year, somewhere 40%+. Plus those t-posts are up about 60%. I would like 2 more 330' rolls and probably 30 more posts...??...over $1k. Thinking hard!!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I just want to invest in T-posts and sheep and goat wire.
Have you seen the prices of both? I was talking with my neighbor yesterday. I told him I have one more fence to build but I may just have to buy a roll here and there untill I have enough rolls to fence off what I need. I already have all the t-posts I just have to pull some of them up and place them where I need them (re-use) but still I was shocked at the price of both.

Screenshot_20220520-084045.png

$1.35 a foot per 330 foot roll ☝️

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@CrealCritter check various suppliers. TSC shows this Bekeart on sale, $92 off. And Red Brand...not high tensile. Heavier to handle....is slightly less.

It's all incredibly expensive! I'm wanting but, slow to spend! ☹️. I'm also reusing posts, where I've dropped a couple cross fences, etc. Critical salvage

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
okie-dokes, no fencing projects this year and probably not next year either! Wow! That pushes pigs out to a 5-10 year plan. (I'm not complaining, LOL)

I wanted to expand my chicken run this year but, nah, it can wait!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Anyone getting panicky over the huge 1100+ pt drop in the stockmarket, and again another drop today? Besides all the talk of the baby formula shortages/unavailability???
Gas went up another 15 cents in the last 2 days...

times like this are when i keep my buy list and some extra funds handy to pick up some good values for the longer term.

i'm rather irked at one company about the infant formula problems. not sure how that is going to shake out yet. if i were someone who's going to have a baby i'd be figuring out how to breast feed ASAP.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
times like this are when i keep my buy list and some extra funds handy to pick up some good values for the longer term.

i'm rather irked at one company about the infant formula problems. not sure how that is going to shake out yet. if i were someone who's going to have a baby i'd be figuring out how to breast feed ASAP

Some people who can pump more than their child uses will donate it too!