shortages

Simpleterrier

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We went on vacation from Ohio to Maine last week and there was hardly any simis on 90 or 80. If I was passing one I might see one in the distance they were that far apart.

My fil drives truck and he said there is roughly a 3rd of them on the Rd. We are having a hard time getting things shipped on time cause trucks can't find return loads so don't want to make a trip and run back empty. Where my friend lives they have a Friday delivery of eggs to hatch and the trucks come at random times and alot of time park in the factory lot for the weekend cause they don't have a return load

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My daughter is on her second Chevrolet Volt. It is battery/gas. She loves hers.they live within range of her work, go and return.

I just bought a new car, Hyundai Accent. Gas only. It gets 30MPG city, 40 MPG highway. The diesel for my truck was causing me a financial problem. I was paying more than a car note, and not even going anywhere much. I’m 30 miles from anywhere A hybrid would not benefit me much.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I miss my 1980 chevy malibu. It got 27 city 32 highway. Those were our numbers because we always reset the trip counter when filling up. That also make me despair because of how old that car was and what it got compared to cars today.

Electric vehicles aren't feasible for out in the country. I remember road trips as a kid where a 5 gallon gas can was packed just in case. Long distances between those Oregon ghost towns and an actual town sometimes. Trips usually done in that Malibu because of its mpg.

No electrics let you swap battery packs like was hoped for when people were talking about making one back in the 90s 2000s. Also no hydrogen fuel cells which would refill fast like gas. There was talk in some of the scientific magazines on how to make hydrogen fuel cells not explosive. That would have been efficient. Use solar to split water.

I wonder what the lifespan of an electric vehicle actually is.

I'll keep using my 1997 F-150 and it's 16/18 mpg. I don't go out much. Even taking into account much higher gas, I'd never get anywhere close to breaking even on the cost of an electric before I died. We will have to replace hubby's vehicle because its having issues and have talked about a hybrid. He does commute so it would be worth it. Just have been waiting for the car prices to be favorable.

Trying2keepitReal

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wife just bought a jar of dehydrated heavy cream to try out. Has anyone else tried this?
I have not but I just ordered from dehydrated buttermilk-let me know what you think about your whenever you try it and I will let you know about mine. I think I will have to whisk it up pretty good.

Latest posts