shortages

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It costs to keep MY place open! But I check prices to know what my efforts are worth. In winter more feed but, spring thru fall, not much. Between my animals and sales, my garden, I'm eating free. I'm thankful I can and do share with some who cannot work or afford prices. I'm blessed with good health.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It costs to keep MY place open! But I check prices to know what my efforts are worth. In winter more feed but, spring thru fall, not much. Between my animals and sales, my garden, I'm eating free. I'm thankful I can and do share with some who cannot work or afford prices. I'm blessed with good health.
\o/

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule ....Ok....MAYBE you'll consider milking one of those ewes this spring :lol: :lol: I've been after you forever!

Milk, cream, cheese....yep. goat cheese is $1+ an ounce. 🥴
Yeah and @frustratedearthmother ain’t that far away….. I hear she has some nice goats…. When I get ready for mischievous Houdini escape artists, I’ll go see her. :lol:

If I’m gonna milk something, I want more than a cup full.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can hardly wait! :lol: I push you because it's right there in your barn.....and you use, grow, butcher so much of everything else. Your own milk seems just a natural for you. :idunno

Years back I'd only milked on occasion for some in house. Mainly meat goat herd, a few trained dairy. So shared with their kids on occasion. Now I have dairy for the milking. Its enjoyable to milk (most days) and excess I feed out and sell. That feed bill thing, ya know?

Its not for everyone and can be a limiting obligation. But suits me. I like having my own dairy.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was in town today, so I priced sheep/goat (4x4 woven wire 4' tall) fence at RK and TSC. TSC had 330' rolls of rebrand for $349.99. RK had 330' rolls of Redbrand, Bekaert and OK brand, all were $349.99.

I think I understand this.. It no longer matters which brand of sheep goat/fence I choose. They are all in stock and they all are too expensive for me anyways 😳

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was in town today, so I priced sheep/goat (4x4 woven wire 4' tall) fence at RK and TSC. TSC had 330' rolls of rebrand for $349.99. RK had 330' rolls of Redbrand, Bekaert and OK brand, all were $349.99.

I think I understand this.. It no longer matters which brand of sheep goat/fence I choose. They are all in stock and they all are too expensive for me anyways 😳

Here at TSC, the OK Brand is now $449.99 so your price of $349.99 looks pretty good to me!