shortages

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So the "in the know" buyers for suppliers are still alerting to many staples from wheat -- Ukraine war -- and suggesting products from such may be less plentiful and, of course, higher priced. Just prepare to make some bread. 😁. Buy supplies now.

We grow many things, export many, weather has been a bit(h...keep your eyes open. This will hit flour, cereal, cookies, cakes, etc.

I'm good. I'm stocked. Plenty of that once elusive yeast!!

Ya know, I remember when shortages were due to a garden crop doing poorly....or the rabbits ate your beans. A neighbor just gifted some of theirs. A cow shut down, another shared milk. The next year things might be reversed. I like those times. Trying to bring them back! Its love, respect, caring and sharing. :old :idunno:love
Luke 10:25-37

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That is exactly right. In fact my DS was at Walmart the other evening getting GF some stuff... it is on his way home in a roundabout way.... so he swung by and went and looked at the egg prices since GF was complaining about them.... and there was a lady there just carrying on about the price of eggs.... and he told her he was GLAD the prices were up over $5.00 a dozen... and she looked at him and said you are crazy... and he said, NO Ma'am... It is about time the farmer gets paid what they are worth. ...

normal prices for eggs here have been about $1.00/dozen for quite a long time. if they weren't making enough money they would have gone out of business.

over $7 a dozen in less than a year is short-term price gouging - in a few months/years i expect to see them back down to $1.50/dozen. once they build the laying flocks back up.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
another interesting note about the grain elevator fire that has burned for over a month, since i was driving by last Tuesday i could see the change from the previous month. it is still burning at times when they expose hot spots where they can get more air, the walls that used to be there holding the grain were gone and it was down quite a bit from where it was before. i'm not sure if they are trucking it someplace to use it or what but it used to hold 3 million bushels of corn. could it have burned a million bushels? perhaps, but i don't know. they've dumped a lot of water on it in putting out the fire and also the rains that have come along in recent weeks. when i saw it towards the end of December it was mostly an intact pile with just the top of the elevator burned of (it was a wooden cover with a metal frame underneath).

ah, here's an article with more details. :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This should generate some interesting discussion. Uncooked egg smuggling from Mexico is a NO NO, carries upto a $10,000 fine.

Click on "Watch on YouTube"

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Last edited: