shortages

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i plan to. i guess i need to get that order in soon.
I ordered 50 from this place. Hatch date March 14

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I ordered 50 from this place. Hatch date March 14

i use ideal poultry

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've ordered from Ideal and had good service. I looked at the smaller one that @baymule referenced... and they look like a good company and reasonable. Limited breeds but very good reviews.

Anyone concerned about the bank shut down situations?

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ummm yeah. SVB, then a smaller one in the East and now possibly First Republic Bank. Bank stocks tanked starting before opening bell this morning. I got some cash out on Friday and was going to go again today, but its pouring buckets.

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I've ordered from Ideal and had good service. I looked at the smaller one that @baymule referenced... and they look like a good company and reasonable. Limited breeds but very good reviews.

Anyone concerned about the bank shut down situations?
I pulled just about all my money out except for a few hundred dollars in savings. My main account has enough for bills and thats it. I put my money in silver and lead. The rest is in the Bank of Rammy. My Mom has pulled put her money, too, from the bank. We saw this coming couple years ago.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm not worried. We've been through this before. Bailing the banks out in the last one led to them being more cavalier and caused the rules that make a bank bailout now very unlikely. Granted this isn't a blip compared to the S&L Crisis back in 1989 really. That had about 1/3 of the S&Ls closing. Those weren't Federally insured. Lots of people got hosed.

We use a Credit Union, which while not immune to insolvency, are tons less likely to have the issue. They are also Federally insured.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i've not been able to read or check the news on-line for the past few weeks so that has kept me from getting a lot of stuff caught up. usually i can get some things done in the middle of the night or early morning, but by midday i can't get a useful connection. which is actually ok with me because then it keeps me from wasting too much time and i'm getting more of my projects done. :)

the hardest part is not being able to check the weather at times when it seems like a storm is coming and i want to have an idea of how bad it might get.

as for the trouble with banks it seems to happen regularly (when the gov't eases regulations because of industry lobbying and poor executive branch leadership). i've seen it plenty enough times already and am sure will see it again. i rarely use commercial banks because often they have fairly predatory fees and policies anyways so i've not gotten mired in them before. the CU's may not pay some rates as well as i'd like but i'm also not tied up into any one institution.

Latest posts