Should There Be More?

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It gives me joy to know that even when I can't do anything else right I can still plant seeds...thank you Bekissed, you have no idea how many times you posts have been a blessing to me:>)
This lady at the motel told me something that I KNOW is going to make a huge difference in my life. You all know that I have been having my share of trouble with my kids...and the hatred toward them has been building immensly...and really getting in the way of my ability to pray for them. Anyway, this truly Godly woman told me this...

"When you can't pray for your kids anymore because of who they have become...get out an old baby picture of them and pray for THAT child, not the one they are right now...the one they were when you could still openly love them"

That was TRULY a message from God! See, if i would have simply stayed home I wouldn't have learned anything and I would be festering inside today...but God wrapped his arms around me and let me know that my children need my prayers...and there are ways to get over the anger and simply pray. I hope that little tidbit helps someone else on here who is deply dissappointed with who thier children have become.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
WOW
the posts have helped me immensely. Everyone has offered such great advice....how to perceive the little things in life as big ones. I guess I was trying to find the grand situation and in reality, it is the little situations in life, in my little corner of the world, that is most important and can benefit who is directly around me.....and those smaller things do create ripples which could reach 'who knows where and how far'

I think I see too much or read too much and then feel kinda small in the scheme of things....but I think it is Alan Jackson (country singer) who has a song about "Itty Bitty" life and how that life is OK to be itty bitty but it is super big to those around you...LOL---yup, I heard that song also..HA HA

you ladies are a wealth of great info! seriously. I love throwing out a few feelings I am having and getting back just wonderful advice that puts a huge smile on my face.

ya'll made me happy today definitely! SEE, the ripple effect right over the internet......

Thanks everyone!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morel that was such a nice post.
You seeked an answer to your feelings and found some! You were led exactly where you needed to be! :)

Driving home the other day I realized so much of life's junk has a hold on me. I fret too much. I was so carefree in older days, seems the older I get the more I fret and I don't like that about me.

Driving I said, I am handing it all over to you God. To just take the control and let me live within the means you provide, the boundaries and limitations etc. that you wish for me. And I will go with that flow and not fight it!

Sometimes we must give it all up to Him and I feel so much better reading your post and knowing that seeds are all around us, just to be discovered! :)

I know I discovered wonderful people on this board that give out great advice to help me when I feel that down feeling. I can't ask for more than good people and good advice that helps me!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Oh, Morel! I know how you feel about the children and I was really letting my oldest be a thorn in my side for awhile....then I remembered the prayer that always nets results...sometimes I don't see how I can forget it so easily!

"Not my will, but Your will be done." When I finally throw up my hands and cry out, "Well, YOU talk to him, Lord, because I've run out of ideas!!!".....then things changed almost immediately! They always do! I don't know why I always forget that, but I do.

This prayer works in two ways....it takes the responsibility and the guilty feelings out of my hands and off my shoulders and then it puts them where they should be....right in the hands of my Heavenly Father, the only one with the power to control anything...let alone adult children!!! :lol:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You are so right Bekissed...sometimes we only get in the way of God's will and make a bigger mess of it...sooo true in my case!
The other day my daughter (who still isn't talking to me) called my DH and said to him that something really good happened to her. She mentioned that someone must be praying for her...I am so happy she recognizes that...I always felt that I never taught my kids enough about thier Maker...but you know for her to say something like that at this point in her life really drove home that fact that I guess somewhere, somehow, I did teach them to believe in prayer:>) My husband replied to her "Yes, that would be your mother praying for you"

His word never comes back to him void...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You did my heart good today, Morel! :) This is a good, warming story! It always is when one can see God at work, isn't it? Thank you for sharing this today...you made me cry! But in a good way! :) :hugs

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
HUGS!! I guess I am just the opposite...I have no desire to go save whales, sit in a tree to protest it being cut down....
I have made a giving goal list....I would like to some day raise enough turkeys that I could donate 20 to my church at Thanksgiving so that 20 families could have an extra special Thanksgiving. Donate a percentage of the chickens I process to the rescue mission. I would like to get my garden to the point that it over produces and I can sit out free baskets of veggies at church so that people can feed their families with fresh foods. I would like to sit down once a month and send cards to widows in my church so that they know that they are not forgot about...even if it is just two cards per month.
Something I have done before...when my aunt was a inner city Cleveland city school teacher my DH and I found out how many kids were in her class and we made up a bag with school supplies. I think we did 30 bags. We put in a pair of scissors, glue, pencils, notebook, crayons, pack of crackers, a small Mickey D type toy, and few other thngs. We did this like three years in a row. I think it was under $100 each year.
I also do a craft project with all of the girls at church right before the holidays to give all of their teachers the 'night off'. I still need several of the teachers there to help but they do not have to plan a lesson and half do not come.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Pamspride

A giving goal list!
WOW
that put alot of things in line for me!
thank you. your post meant alot. it made me see that my farm is a way to truly give more. Yes, I give out free produce etc...free eggs to people.....but never on a goal type list or set project. Hmm..you made me think definitely now.

I have tons of sausage and eggs....maybe at church I can truly just offer a breakfast. I can do that. Just to help others. You made me smile big time now thinking about ''just what more I can do for my community"
thanks alot!! :)

You truly have a good heart and passing that around makes others hearts bigger also!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Pam'spride,
I love the card idea...even just two cards a month to widows or other lonely people...that would really brighten someone's day...
I doubt my garden will ever produce much...as much as it is pretty...I seem to have a blck thumb in those areas...trying hard though:>) You are a wonderful giver Pam, thank you so much for the thoughts of how we can give.

What I do is buy a can or two of baby formula everytime I do the groceries. It goes in the foodbank bin.
I have been trying to figure out little ways to help the elderly without having them feel like it is "charity" and without them knowing it comes from me. I hate it when ppl know where it comes from.