Should This Be Eliminated From the Face of The Planet?

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
Feed it to the poor...keep them from reproducing...make them ill so they die faster....
and that is exactly what they are doing... to the poor and to the handicapped and to the elderly.... and whats even astonishing they have the whole foods industies convinced that soy is good for you, although granted they say it should be organic, but much of it is not when you go into the health food stores.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Old Sew'n'Sew said:
I found this information several years ago. Processed soy of any kind is a thyroid gland killer. Fortunately I raised my children many years ago, before GMO's. When my son was so allergic I raised milk goats for his needs. I always wonder when the soy bashing comes around how do people explain all those old people in the orient whose diet has included soy products for years? Yes I do avoid Soy because I dislike any of it I have tried, not because I think it is unhealthy
You will love this site if you raise a milk cow or goat. : www.westonaprice.org

Sad that I live in town that will not allow it, and I don't have any pasture space.

I would like to make cheese but can't because of the ultra pasturization of the organic milk that is on the market today.:barnie
I don't do organic but why would ultra pasturization stop you from making cheese? please correct me if I am wrong but pasturization just kills any micro-organisms are present AT THAT TIME leave it open and see if it doesn't sour like other milk. get yourself a starter to get the right "bugs" growing and you should be able to make cheese. Again I am open to correction if I am wrong, just tell me why.~gd

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
~gd Asian cultures that have traditionally eaten soy have only eaten it in small amounts and in a fermented form. The fermentation process breaks down the chemicals that act like hormones on the body.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
I usually use the don't need the extra hormones excuse.... But I know there is so much more. Does anyone have a link for the negative side of soy? An explanation of sorts.

g
There are no easy answers when people ask you questions like this. Would not that91% is genetically modified and shown to cause infertility be enough? and that these crops are genetically contaminating normal soy crops?

Soy to me should be viewed more like plant medicine unless it has been fermented... and of course should be organic and non GMO

this is what Dr Mercola has to say about it:
it impairs thyroid function
it impairs mineral absorption
it impairs digestion of protiens
infants who eat soy forumla have 20,000 times the
estrogens circulating in their bloodstream

Watch this video. It is quite telling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjZs0DGW1Jk&feature=player_embedded

http://www.mercola.com/Downloads/bonus/dangers-of-soy/report.aspx?gclid=CKu3yaiXy6ICFQVvbAodqFbjwg

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Now, here it the big ethical question.......

Should we as planetary citizens be allowed to make the choice, to have the freedom to make the choice to feed this product to ourselves and our children? and as health professioals, as some of us are, to recommend this product to others?

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
From what I have read in the past that they(orientals) get their longevity from a diet high in fish and tea, that they do not consume very much soy at all and it is fermented, i.e. soy sauce. I really don't know all the particulars. If you are interested look up the "Blue Zones".

Have you tried to make cheese from ultra pasturized milk, my mozzarella recipe says don't use it because it will fail. I don't want to waste the milk to try. That is from NEW ENGLAND cheese making SUPPLY COMPANY.

If you are interested in that they have a web site. I made cheese with raw goats milk when I had goats. :drool

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DrakeMaiden said:
~gd Asian cultures that have traditionally eaten soy have only eaten it in small amounts and in a fermented form. The fermentation process breaks down the chemicals that act like hormones on the body.
Thank you! I agree that most of the soy in asian diets is fermented but not in small amounts in the diet. MY mistake was partly that I assumed when I read the rants about PROCESSED soy that they were talking about fermentation as one of the processes that were bad. I don't know all the code words yet, I wonder if they are worth learning......

Old Sew'n'Sew

All Strings Considered
Reaction score
P.S. The edit in dark letters on my first post was not done by me. sorry I would not make such a caustic comment about my own post. :hu I don't know how that happened?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
Old Sew'n'Sew said:
P.S. The edit in dark letters on my first post was not done by me. sorry I would not make such a caustic comment about my own post. :hu I don't know how that happened?
The commenter ~gd added the bold font to your quote. That is why I addressed ~gd when I wrote my answer.

~gd: I do not presume to know how much soy is in any of the traditional asian diets . . . I have just heard that it is in small proportions because they know it is not the healthiest food.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Old Sew'n'Sew said:
I made the comment in your quoted post (not the original) I used bold so it would not be mistaken for your words I should have signed it ~gd I am very sorry for any distress this might have caused you! By the way I stand corrected by you on the subject of UltraPasturation of milk I finally found the site you mentioned and they claim that UP milk makes inferior mozzarella cheese. I am going to go back and look into their kit Dried milk? Is UP the only kind available to you? I have seen it in our stores but always opt for the regular kind myself.
again I am sorry for any distress I caused you.