Show me your walls

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I also suggest that you build those side walls so they can be removed. You never know when you will need to load something that is a bit wider than the floor of the trailer.

Perhaps build the back gate in a drop down fashion so it can double as a ramp????
Removable was a given ;). There are pull out ramps in the back as this trailer was meant for cars. I was planning on making some panels from some plywood that can quickly attach to those ramps to make a solid ramp, but that isn't necessary right away

Last edited:

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have a similar trailer - but ours is 24' (I think). DH made wooden sides for it and moved us from Wyoming back to Wisconsin with it. If memory serves me, the sides 2by material and were about 3' tall with the boards spaced about 8" apart. I think they are still sitting next to the barn, if so I will post pictures. He added plywood to the sides whenever we need something more solid - like for hauling trees.

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I liked the metal idea but I don't have the time to fiddle with working with metal right now, since it's not in my wheelhouse and I need this in the next week

I got a bunch of lumber and did this today :)

20190329_164538.jpg

Still need to make a back gate and install some tie down d-rings, etc... But this will get me thru April activities

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just make sure that you use a scrap of wood screwed to the bottom of the slats under the pockets to keep the walls from popping out when you hit a bump...

Latest posts