Sick chicken- RIP Kelly :(

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Do you have worms too?

Obviously it would depend on what you've been eating; but remainders and left overs of the foods you've been eating probably would not be giving the chickens worms.

But you know a lot of feed store workers.. :rolleyes:
I kind of figured that is what I would hear here :thumbsup but then again, I probably DO have worms :gig

Thanks FD :love

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
=\

You'll let us know when your worm-free, right?

:lol:

Sorry, trying to lighten the mood. Sorry to hear about Kelly.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
=\

You'll let us know when your worm-free, right?

:lol:

Sorry, trying to lighten the mood. Sorry to hear about Kelly.
:love it is all good....besides I am sure that Bee will come along and confirm that I probably am loaded with the little buggers :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I have learned that feed store workers are among the worst sources of accurate information! I overheard one telling a woman that she would not need a heatlamp for her brand-new baby chicks in her unheated garage. It was below freezing at night. I ran over and set them both straight and showed her where the heatlamps and thermometers were. Sheesh. And on it goes. I have been told quite firmly that I would kill all my animals by feeding whole grains. How many years will that take, I tend to ask now!

Table scraps and worms??? Yikes. He probably thinks that dirty shirts can spontaneously generate mice, and that eating white sugar will give you worms. And that the earth is flat and you can sail right off the edge! :rolleyes:

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry to read about your chicken loss, Dace. It hurts to lose any animal you've grown attached to, and I know you've put a lot of time & effort into her. :hugs

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Awwww, Dace. Im so sorry to hear about Kelly. Now dont you go fretting thinking its your fault. These things happen...and always for a reason. I can think of one....knowing POSSIBLY your other hens have worms...and, you wormed them...so...all will be good. R.I.P. Little Kelly.... :hugs