Silly Rich People :)

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I was in Fred's (a discount/dollar store) the other day and saw a woman I have seen a few times through work. I couldn't remember her name, but I know she is a realtor.

There is a shop in our town called Sisters By Design. It's one of those silly little gift shops that have really indulgent things for girls and ladies (fluffy hand bags, perfume, pillows that say "princess" and "daddy's girl" covered with rhinestones... that kind of junk.) Anyway...

Realtor was in line ahead of me at Fred's. She put some stuff down on the counter and went back to get some more while the cashier helped the woman at the very front of the line. Realtor came back with two more arm loads of these huge, gaudy Christmas balls. They were very pretty. About the size of softballs. Plastic and decorated with glitter. Realtor may have wanted them for her home but probably her office. You would need a great big tree to support these giant balls.

As she was paying for these things, which were marked 4 for $5, she commented, "These are so nice. At Sisters (the gift shop I mentioned earlier) you'd pay $7 or $8 each for these!"

It was like she was shocked that you could get something cheaper at a dollar store and she'd never been in Fred's before!!! :lol:

I really wanted to laugh right there, but I didn't because like I said, I run into her through my work sometimes.

What is funny and shocking to ME is that someone would even consider paying $8 for a plastic Christmas ball!

Cassandra

angie68

Power Conserver
Reaction score
People like that don't have a clue. If they had to live on my budget they'd be lucky to have dried cow poo formed into a ball and painted for an ornament!! :lol:

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
You couldn't PAY me $5 to bring glitter into my home. I hate that stuff! :p

I really hate those gift shoppy places with useless plastic *^@&.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I absolutely love WALKING thru those little foo-foo boutiques and collectible stores. They have such pretty stuff. Do I buy at those prices? NO WAY! :)

But I like to get some ideas on things I can make cheap at home etc. Inspiration and those shops are just soooo nice and inviting. Not to my wallet though..HAHA

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh good grief!

Dollar store ornaments are the best!

inchworm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My idea of the perfect Christmas tree is one that is entirely decorated with dried flowers, pinecones, berries, etc. Then the day after Christmas, I can just toss the whole thing in the compost pile and let the animals have it. DH won't hear anything of it -- he likes those old Victorian Christmas balls that I have to wrap and pack up and store each year.

Inch, the Grinch

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I love to look at those cute little stores (every once in awhile.) I have one of those cutsy pillows. But it is like chocolate -a special treat, not a daily diet. And right now, no chocolate at all.
But it's still fun to look.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hahahahahahhahahahahahahahaha

Our tree is decorated with a mix of organic and glass decorations, we like the country look, red and silver, etc.

We don't throw our tree, we add growth hormone to the water, and when Christmas is over and it has sprouted some roots, we wrap it up in a rootball and plant it in the spring.

Latest posts