Site's ready for visitors :)

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Just one question - how in the world would a person frame up a roof to cover this?

View attachment 6796
I wish I could tell you… I was in there, in that castle, had a wonderful time too, but didn't pay much attention to the remains of the roof and didn't take pics. I did notice on some ruins that I explored that they built roof beams into the walls to anchor them. I'll see about getting some pics for you in future. Sadly most of these old places are roofless now.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
It makes me want to cry looking at the state of disrepair it's in now though. Such a magnificent building should have been preserved for all to marvel.
Me too… that is only a small castle, you'd think it would not take much money or effort to preserve it. Many of our castles are in a state of disrepair now, sadly. Some of them are so amazing, it's heartbreaking to see.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
From what I have seen in history books, many of these castles were roofless in the centers, so a courtyard effect. Then, something along shed roofs at the sides.

Now, the huge ones were roofed more and obviously not as "hilly" as this one. :D I would love to walk around inside this one.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Some of you were wondering about the roofs of the castles. I got to explore a lovely old one today and remembered to snap a pic for you of the first level roof inside. The levels above that were roofless. I took loads more pics and will put them on my site when I get round to writing about this one.

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1695.jpg