Skills to know?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Develop a good social network of neighbors, friends, and family. Be prepared to take the church underground. Many folks would not survive without life sustaining medications. My husband is one of them. Without Insulin and pancreatic enzymes, he would not last a week. Get your spiritual house in order. Got Jesus????

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Not overly religious myself in honesty, but I know others may find solace with it or comfort from it. I figure so long as one is as kind as possible and does as good and right as can it'll be good enough.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A good social network is definitely a thing to have, unfortunately I feel a lot of people in my offline network aren't really.... prepared or willing to learn skills or abilities. Lots of folks saying "we know where we're going." But always balk when I say no one eats for free :/

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Lots of folks saying "we know where we're going." But always balk when I say no one eats for free :/
My friends say the same thing to me. "I'm coming to your house" they say. I tell them that they have to work for a meal. One tells me that she'll clean house but she wont' work outside in the dirt. That's not the way I function. Sooooo - if you can't get your hands dirty - you don't eat!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Without Christ, none of the rest matters. No amount of skill sets, skilled people, community or anything else will suffice to ultimately save one's life.

When He is Lord over your life you don't have to worry about prepping. The only true and complete preparation for life~with or without our current world status quo~is to be prepared to die and the only way to do that is to give one's life to Christ, fully and completely.

So the skill set I recommend is to seek God with all your heart and try to find people who are doing the same...

Psalm 9:10 And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.

creativetwinszoo

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My friends say the same thing to me. "I'm coming to your house" they say. I tell them that they have to work for a meal. One tells me that she'll clean house but she wont' work outside in the dirt. That's not the way I function. Sooooo - if you can't get your hands dirty - you don't eat!
Oooh yeah, theres been some heated debates on this with some of the non internet friends and associates on that. The current two concern the mentality "I can hold a gun that's all I need to know." And the mentality of a laugh and a "what your gonna make a -insert age- child work too?"