SKR8PN.... two small butts........

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
don't be skiing up to the bar and getting a beer now! :)
you on the 20lb wagon :lol: :lol:

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
don't be skiing up to the bar and getting a beer now! :)
you on the 20lb wagon :lol: :lol:
But a glass of wine now and then can't hurt! :D
I call it "liquid courage". Let's you do things on the slopes you might otherwise be to timid to try. :gig

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Did you get survival training in school?

They'd show these movies of parents and child out skiing or hiking, and a sudden storm would come through. And the parents would do something stupid, they all die, and the narrator says "What did they do wrong?" and you have to discuss it?

There was always someone passing out hard liquor to the family to "warm them up" that killed them all because it's actually dehydrating and cooling. *laughing*

So alcohol at ski places always reminds me of those cheesy vids.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Never saw any videos like that. But, when my DS was in school, he joined JROTC. I asked him one day what they did. He told me they watched a movie on how to survive in the cold w/an infant-they watched Ice Age.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
The Wife and I bought a Wii this weekend. We have been talking about it a for a couple of weeks......but this darn thing has turned out to be a money pit! Started out she got the exercise board on sale. Then we found a Wii on sale. So far so good.......
Got everything home a got it hooked up, but we couldn't get our DVD/ surround sound system and the Wii to work together, we had no sound! Called my computer geek nephew over to have a look at it, and after fooling with the stuff for about an hour, we decided the TV just didn't have enough input places on it to let everything work as it should. After all, the TV is 16-17 years old!
So, we go TV shopping.
Found a screaming deal at the local WalMart(as much as I hate WalMart, we couldn't pass up the deal) 40in Samsung LED TV package, that included a new Samsung Blue Ray DVD player for 749 bucks!
Oh ya.......did I mention we had to get an extra pair of controllers and charging station for the new Wii??
So......to recap.....what started out as a simply 200.00 dollar purchase, quickly ballooned to over 1300 bucks. All so we can do a little exercise at home and shed some weight.
To bad the first place I lost weight was my wallet!! :gig

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yikes $1300

you in the "technology" now BABY! :)

but yea, don't ya just hate that when "I am only to buy...X......AND wham! YOU GET NAILED"

Ugh

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What's really funny is that we just played Wii bowling last night!

Luckily we were given one for Christmas a few years back...I think we've only played it a handful of times since. Isn't that how this stuff works? :hide

At least you have a new TV!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Oh come on don't you feel healthy and lighter already?? :lol:

For a minute I thought you bought a pig. :p

g
Oh dear god NO! :lol: The Wife wants a little goaty or three so bad it is pitiful. So far I have managed to hold her off........ :hide