SKR8PN.... two small butts........

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Now if it would just stop RAINING!! :he
Well........it stopped raining during the night.........and started SNOWING again! :he Everything that was brown, is now white again. 2 inches worth. Now we have white mud. :th

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
SKR8PN said:
Now if it would just stop RAINING!! :he
Well........it stopped raining during the night.........and started SNOWING again! :he Everything that was brown, is now white again. 2 inches worth. Now we have white mud. :th
Yep, the scene outside put a smile on my face this morning too, ......NOT

:barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie :barnie

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Yea, for syrup! I only tap 6 trees just for us and it makes enough usually. We have a quart and a half of finished syrup already.

Now to go out in the rain and melting snow and beginning of mud to check the buckets.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
I have a question for the more eloquent ones on the board. I have a VISA card that I have used since I was about 20 years old. About a year and a half ago, the issuing bank sold all of their credit cards to Elan Financial, AKA Cardmember Service. They are based out of Fargo North Dakota. The very first thing they did, was change my card from a Gold to a Platinum, raised my credit limit 2500 dollars, and removed the 10 day grace period for late payments. I immediately did a Google search and discovered just how ruthless this new company is, but, since this is the only card I have, I decided to keep it and see what happens. I have always carried a bit of a balance and made my payments on time.
2 months ago they informed me that my "account was no longer profitable, and that they were raising my interest rate on any new purchases from 6.99% up to 13.99%" :ep I called and tried to get them to rethink their decision but it fell of deaf ears. So be it. If they thought my account wasn't profitable before, let's see how much profit they make by me paying the balance off and not using it anymore! :tongue :tongue

Here's were I need you guys to help. I just received an application for a VISA business credit card from these jokers. I have NO INTENTION of filling it out, BUT, I DO want to send it back to them in their postage prepaid envelope, with a little letter expressing just what I think of how they treat long time customers that always pay on time.:D

Feel free to post up your ideas on what to say and a way to get this to the upper echelon of "Cardmember Services"

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
nah baby - it will be opened automatically and thrown away by some drone.

here's whatcha gotta do - and what i've done. go to the company's website and look under "about us" and find "corporate governance" - they HAVE to list all of the VP's or SVP's. find the monkey who has a title like "consumer lending" or "consumer banking" and find the HQ address.

write HIM a letter and tell him that you've been and good and loyal customer and you've been jerked around.

i guarantee you some "assistant" will call you begging for your forgiveness and get yout acct back to how it was.

i've done this twice with 2 separate cards. you wont get anywhere talking with any of the phone monkeys and most of them are immune to any argument you have.. you gotta make it hurt higher at the top.

what you dont see in the background is some big wig sitting at a huge desk with your letter in his hand and him barking at one of this flunkies...something like "why is this guy sending ME a letter! just handle it! i have a tee time in 45 mintues and i dont need this kind of crap!"

then.. you know.. it all rolls down hill and somewhere in the distance the lowest monkey is getting a thrashing.

be brief, be pointed, and tell them what you want ("give me back my previous rate and my previous credit limit and refund any fees").

otherwise you are just some crazy guy who's letter is sent to legal to be marked "the people exhibit A."

;-)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Fill that postage paid envelope with junk mail without your name or address on anything. Stuff it, make it very heavy. Then send it back. They get to pay the extra postage. :D

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Hey, OFG, maybe you can help me with my problem with Big Y supermarket....their shopping cart was ON THE ROAD (this store is not in an area where shopping carts are EVER taken by walking customers.....dangerous stretch of road, no low-income housing within walking distance) and smashed my side mirror. They won't pay, and my deductible means that mirror will hang in shreds for a long, long time, maybe forever. I was treated like a criminal by two people in risk management. The store is within sight of my house. I am ticked. You are good. Help me!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I agree with OFG. Interrupt a big wig's tee time or tennis lesson is going to get more of a reaction.

I also agree with freemotion. Make that envelope weigh a ton and send it.

That way you get an actual response AND you get to have a little temper tantrum at their expense all at the same time :D

Free, they are NOT going to listen to YOU....a lowly individual. Even if your insurance company wont cover the clam because of the deductible, they still WORK FOR YOU and have all those monkeys sitting around in suits with law degrees. Have the insurance company deal with this store.

If that doesn't work, you can always walk in front of the store with a big protest sign until the manager comes out to deal with you in person.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
The insurance company won't. It is costing them nothing because of my deductible. Sheesh. It seems obvious to me. Keep your carts corralled, and on a windy day, go out more often. But why bother? You don't have any liability anyways. If one of my animals was on the road, I'd sure be liable. I used the words "moral and ethical" with risk management. That was an irritant! Then I was told that if it were a person I'd have killed them. No, you idiot, I'd swerve for a person, not for a cart with oncoming traffic. Duh.