SKR8PN.... two small butts........

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
What time do I need to stop by? :drool
The smoker is HOT.....The beer is COLD...... so ya better HURRY!!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
:drool

Do you have a favorite way of doing beef in the smoker? DH was just asking me how come we didn't use our little smoker more and I didn't have a good answer except that I was waiting for inspiration and it seems like the only thing I get inspired about is pork. Beefs what we have in the freezer. Thanks!
Beef is OK........but PORK is where it's at for BBQ!
When I do my briskets, I use the same rub(my own recipe) I use on everything else. No basting. Cook at around 225 - 250degrees for about 1- 1.5 hours per lb. Fat cap UP! I go to an internal temp of about 135 degrees, then I wrap it in foil and finish it off at around 160 degrees. Wrap it in a towel, stick it in a cooler and let it rest for an hour before slicing.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm out of bacon so maybe I'll just have to get some other pork too while I'm at it! There's probably a reason beef isn't inspiring me :D.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Just one of the Marconi Peppers we planted this year. We like them so much, I think they will replace the green bell peppers for our cooking!!

398432859.jpg

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
Thanks! I'm out of bacon so maybe I'll just have to get some other pork too while I'm at it! There's probably a reason beef isn't inspiring me :D.
I just picked up our pig from the processors the other day(a buddy of mine raised it for us) I now have TWO pork bellies in the freezer!! I will be smoking some bacon in a month or so.....

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Never heard of Marconi peppers, so I googled them. Now I HAVE to get some seeds for next spring!

hillfarm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:drool Texas is so dry that we have been banned from the smoker and grill. ughh. Its just so unfair. I want rain and brisket. :duc