Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Miss. is getting sleet?
huh
I thought you were more like NC kinda. huh
be warm gal!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
It's warming up today! 70+ for a high. I washed my pups and left the heater on yesterday so today I will give them a haircut with the clippers ad tomorrow trim their furnishings and nails. I'm glad the new dog, Molly, needs nothing but a bath! She is doing fabulously in becoming a pack member! Lucee now plays with her and Buddy tries to referee.

I got a six pound head of cabbage yesterday and made Stuffed cabbage rolls, creamy cole slaw and froze the rest in wedges for New England boiled dinner. I found gluten free bisquick at the salvage store and it is great! Also gf choc. chip cookie mix but have not tried that yet.

We have not heard anything more on the house so the glimmer is dimming a bit. We both really hoped to be moved before Christmas. Not much more going on right now. I just wanted to update.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
things always move slow just before a biggie like Dec. 25
you will get into the house soon....hang in there!!

my mom makes the best stuffed cabbage. How do you do yours?

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
I got my recipe out of a 1981 Better Home and Gardens cookbook. It's a keeper! Is your mom still doing well?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea Snap all seems good on Mom. she is back to 100% almost but tired. hospitals and tests can do that to a person for sure.
she got away easy

better homes and gardens..wow haven't looked at that in sooooo long...lol

I have to get moms recipe written down. she does all these great dishes and no clue how to make her style of them. nothing like the way a mom cooks lol

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
3685_forum2.jpg

Finally got the pups haircuts done today. And why don't I get the $80 for the labor? Oh yeah, no money. They are sporting their new necklaces form my sister in law. DHs brother has everything John Deere. So now the pups belong also. We did not have Molly when she bought them. All three pups jump around on the bed and play now! Molly thinks she is the same size as the little ones. They are comical!

Going to Walmart tomorrow for a few essentials. I found ham on sale at Kroger for 99 cents a pound. I can get lots of meals out of a ham using it in casseroles and bean type dishes! I wish I could order my vacuum sealer but no room or money right now.

No word about the house but we were told that Jan 9th is the date it can be sold so we remain hopeful! Some of what we have been told did not materialize though, so grain of salt!

Christmas really is just about God this year! Actually every year but we always seem to add to the celebration. I'm thinking that it's really a good thing for us to center ourselves and concentrate on Jesus alone!

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
What gorgeous pups!!

I wish I could find a deal on ham like that. That is one piece of meat I can really stretch!
We only have 1 major grocer here in town and of course it is one of the most expensive ones in SoCal. We have to drive about 35 miles to find a less expensive market.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:fl Fingers crossed for you on the house, ss! :fl

We call our dogs' collars "necklaces", too! Pepper Anne (our old Aussie, RIP) would get so excited when we'd say "Let's put on your pretty necklace"...she really thought she was stylin'! :lol: Our new male Aussie, Bubba, just isn't impressed with his collar being called a necklace so we call it the "Stud Muffin Choker" and he doesn't give us near the dirty looks! :gig

So glad to hear all the pups are getting along! :hugs

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
When we were in Quartzsite, the closest place with a chain grocery was Blythe, CA! 40 miles round trip about once a month. Sometimes I took the little city bus over but then was stuck there all day.

I think until the 50s meat was just used as a flavoring, more or less. Ham and bacon make the best flavoring!!!!

The pups are sweeties! They are rescues we got when we were up in Cheyenne. Well, they were in Nebraska, so kinda close. What little joys they have been!!!!!!