Snapshot--Moving on (A couple of photos added)

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Not doing too much today. Making pico de gallo to go with our fajitas, yogurt and fudge. Not a great combo! Pups are still meshing fine. We are still hopeful to move soon but may be here in the rv park through New Years.

A fellow in the park does woodworking so I got him to make this for me.

3685_website2.jpg

3685_website1.jpg

Cool huh? My very own bootstand! DH thinks it is stupid and won't get used. Bah humbug, I say!
He waterproofed it for me and I asked for perfectly rustic and I think he did a great job!

Gotta mail off the last of my Christmas cards which brings my total to about 5. Not in the spirit so much this year.

Better get started cooking!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love your boot rack. rustic it is and perfectly functional!

I think simple things are best also.

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Today we went back to Kroger and bought another ham and another 10# of potatoes. Already cooked and deboned the ham and got it in the freezer! At 99 cents a pound we will get lots of meals out of it! My sister in law gave us a fry daddy and dh is happy! He loves french fries from real potatoes. I have a french fry cutter on my amazon list for sometime next month. We are still having Chinese food for dinner tomorrow and we are going to take care of the cows in the morning at the ranch. Or we were. Now Buddy the schnauzer is showing signs of hemorragic gastritus--spelled wrong--and I may have to stay home with him. I was looking forward to bottle feeding a new calf! Oh well. Hope you all have a Merry Christmas! I can hardly wait to get this new year started!!!!!!!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Poor little guy! What is that? I've never heard of it.

Sorry you'll miss out on calf feeding - that was always one of my favorite things on the farm!

Merry Christmas!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
SSDreamin said:
Poor little guy! What is that? I've never heard of it.

Sorry you'll miss out on calf feeding - that was always one of my favorite things on the farm!

Merry Christmas!
It's not pretty!!!!! Pure blood coming from the butt! This happened a few months ago (in the middle of the night of course) and I think he gave me a small heart attack or something. Anyway aspirin made me feel better. He got a shot of antibiotics at the vet in the morning and he recovered fairly quickly. We thought he was dying before he was diagnosed. This time we called the doc and he said he doesn't have any of that antibiotic. I told him I have some Cipro from Mexico and will that work? He said try it and we are. Had to give him half a capsule in cream cheese. This stuff always happens on a weekend or holiday!

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Poor puppy... That would have scare me to death the first time! Hope all turns out OK. Merry Christmas!

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs to you and the pup!

Love your boot stand...I'm also a huge fan of anything rustic! :D

Merry Christmas!

snapshot

Farmwife
Reaction score
Thanks Dawn and Mike! DH is off feeding cows in the rain for the morning and I am home with the sick pup and playing on the computer. Bud has had Cipro twice and I made a little rice and chix broth to help stop him up. He had the runs once this morning but no blood. Nothing since. I have bread rising in the oven for brother in law and sis in law. Making sweet and sour pork later and I already made the rice a la Bud. Also made the green fluff stuff for dessert. Well, that sounds appetizing! Hope all of you with families here have a great time with them!!!!