SNOW IN TEXAS!!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband and I walked around for awhile, just enjoying the snow.

Supposed to go to 14 degrees tonight, freeze all the roads and be dangerous tomorrow. On the news tonight was a clip of Interstate 20 between Canton and Lindale-a solid line of 18 wheelers with a few unlucky cars thrown in-that can't go anywhere because of the ice on the road. TX-DOT was trying to sand the Interstate so the trucks could move.

Schools closed again tomorrow.

Texas knows how to throw a SNOW PARTY! Snow, cover everything up, ice all over and we all go out to PLAY! The stupid ones go have wrecks and boost the body shops business. Then, before we are REAL sick and tired of it all, it melts and goes away. Gonna be 65 degrees on Saturday.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
News update, going to be twelve degrees tonight, 65 on Saturday. :th

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's pretty drastic. We were - 13 last night and will be 45 Saturday. Weird weather!

Be safe tomorrow! Ice is way worse than snow. Even my fancy northern snow tires don't help much in ice, lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We ended up getting about an inch of snow, but the temperature didn't drop below freezing, even overnight :idunno NOT complaining though! Our roads are a bit of a mess, but school's open and everything's going as normal.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Crazy stuff - but do your eyelashes break off when they're frozen like that? Somebody should invent heated goggles or something....those folks need
em!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We got up to more than an inch of snow yesterday morning with heavy snow fall for awhile after. By afternoon it was mostly gone (I suspect rain, I went down to Waterford for a few hours). Today my phone told me the temperature was a whopping 52F o_O It certainly didn't feel that warm!