Snow

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
baaaaaking!

auntiiiiiieeeeee!

yes i am this annoying in person. it's part of my charm.

auntie we have to make cranberry bread saturday. :D

coconut flour, eggs, nuts, cranberries, oil, melted butter.

all the important things in it.

kk?

*runs around screaming BAAAAAAKING!!!!*

hoorah.

snow snow snow snow snow snow

40 all day. no snow yet :hit

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOL

Abi is just how she sounds on the internet :D

You bubbly nut you!!

I have butter and eggs on hand.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
For those evil leaky windows, I have had the best luck with sheets of styrofoam cut to the size of the opening OR clear vinyl. You can get the vinyl at Walmart. It's under $3/yard and it's really wide.

The styrofoam comes in sheets and you get that at Lowes, Home Despot, etc...

It all comes down to whether or not you mind the loss of light. I like natural light so prefer the vinyl.

That being said, I no longer have to use it since we bought good windows last year.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
It was 90 today in good old Houston. :rolleyes: Tricker treaters just want cold water. Poor things were always sweaty in their costumes.

NOPE I DON'T MISS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :weee

I LOVE SNOW! (The ultimate excuse NOT to do yard work!)

:love Hot (faux) cocoa-aka hot toddies, jeans tucked into tall, leather bomber brown boots, wool turtle neck sweaters and hot fires...oh and pumpkin walnut whatevers from OFG. (Sorry, I'm too out of the loop to know what you are turning your pumpkins into.)

We are supposed to get a really COLD winter this year, I'm so freakin excited!!!!!!! :weee

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Where's a coupla cougars when you need 'em? :D Warm is warm, even if it isn't dogs.

It was a balmy 72 today with sparkling blue skies, fluffy white clouds and buttery sunshine. Had to put my hair up it was so warm!

:D

Poor BB....life in the city is cold and grey, isn't it? :hugs :(

You need a down comforter....nothing like one to warm you up. Its like sleeping under a warm cloud.

I'll get out there and start pluckin' chickens..... :)

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
A certain someone put an abrupt and terrible end to my cleanse.

Did you know you can order a pizza for someone from across the US? I didn't either!

Thanks for the ideas everyone! My plants and I need as much natural light as possible, so I might have to get that film or the vinyl.

The cold can stay the hell away. We get to -60 at times, I don't want it.

Funny, Sally. Didn't you mean two pairs of socks, huge clomper boots, thermal underwear, long johns, jeans, and snow pants, a t-shirt, a sweat shirt, a hoodie, and a goose down winter parka, gloves AND mittens, a face mask, a muff, a mad bomber hat, a scarf, and sunglasses to protect the eyes from the blinding snow. Sometimes blankets are completely acceptable outside too. Yeah, I'm not kidding. After putting all of that on a person MUST go outside to cool off.

edit; typo

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Funny, Sally. Didn't you mean two pairs of socks, huge clomper boots, thermal underwear, long johns, jeans, and snow pants, a t-shirt, a sweat shirt, a hoodie, and a goose down winter parka, gloves AND mittens, a face mask, a muff, a mad bomber hat, a scarf, and sunglasses to protect the eyes from the blinding snow. Sometimes blankets are completely acceptable outside too. Yeah, I'm not kidding. After putting all of that on a person MUST go outside to cool off.

edit; typo
And just when you put on the last layer of clothing, you realize you need to pee like a racehorse! (much more of a challenge for a female)

I got two pairs of fleece lined jeans - they're AWESOME, when the wind blows I put on a big baggy pair of ski pants over them. But we only go down to -20 here, well thats the lowest I remember from last year.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
A certain someone put an abrupt and terrible end to my cleanse.

Did you know you can order a pizza for someone from across the US? I didn't either!
Sweeeeeetttttt! :bun

Now THAT's a friend!!! :D

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Here's a nice warm cup of :caf herb tea to help warm you. With cold like that- it's amazing they have anybody born in September up there. Getting the clothes off in January would be exhausting !!!!
Bet that pizza was really good.

Latest posts