So, I made this gallon of hard cider............

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Rebecka said:
ohiofarmgirl said:
dude. i'm tossing back shots of some of the rot gut.. i mean.. hard cider we got from a pal

shazamm is right.... whoooot! i might even vote for bristol palin on dancing with the stars!

whooooot!
Someone take that bottle from her! She is clearly over the limit ;)
ok i'm not THAT drunk... oh golly she is awful....

need.
more.
booze.

SKR8PN!!! fill my cup!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Ladies, ladies, ladies........... I only fermented a GALLON....and it is half gone already!!
Do ya reckon I should be cookin' up a 5 gallon carboy of Mead about now?? :D :D :D :D :D
SKR8PN, I think you got yourself a nice little side-line bizness there... :D

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Ladies, ladies, ladies........... I only fermented a GALLON....and it is half gone already!!
Do ya reckon I should be cookin' up a 5 gallon carboy of Mead about now?? :D :D :D :D :D
What about your boys?????? I thought we were tight??? ;) I am going to have to tap back into my vanilla extract Free taught me to make.... And think, its only 0845!!! I never "buzzed" through the day before..... :D

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
"buzzed through the day" :lol: Oh, I have...but that was MANY MANY years ago! LOL And another life! ;)

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ha. I cheat like the dickens. I get a gallon of apple juice and use half a gallon of cider, then simmer some of the apple juice with a few cinnamon sticks. Once the sticks unroll, I remove it, let it cool or add some cold liquid (juice or cider), add two cups of sugar, then mix everything all up. I leave it as is, then pour some Captain in a cup and then add the cider mix. That way everyone can choose how strong they want their drinks. I'm such a cheat ass, huh?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
:drool Yum, sounds great.

"Tap it off the lees," Can you tell me what this means?

g
The lees are the dead yeasty beasties that settle to the bottom of the carboy. To "tap it off" means to get only the clarified alcohol but LEAVE the dead junk behind. The trick is to NOT disturb the lees so you do not have them mixed into the stuff your going to drink. I use a siphon system to get the good stuff and leave the junk behind.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
modern_pioneer said:
SKR8PN said:
What about your boys?????? I thought we were tight??? ;) I am going to have to tap back into my vanilla extract Free taught me to make.... And think, its only 0845!!! I never "buzzed" through the day before..... :D
Dude we ARE tight, but you better be beat'n feet to get here before OFG does!! :gig

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
A siphon huh??? I bet that works out well for you!! :gig
Well......as a matter fact , it does! Ya gotta sample your work sometime!! :gig