So much evil

HornyToadAcres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MeWe has a chat feature and they dont censor you.
Hey Rammy - it may only be rumors but I have heard from more than one source that it is just a matter of time on MeWe for the censorship. I wish it were not so (and maybe it isn't) because their interface is pretty good. And if I can't find another suitable place, it could still be a place to start.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
What about setting up our own forum. @Beekissed, can you weigh in on this, perhaps in a PM to me, if you don't want to do it in this public format????
You can set up your own forum, but as we have found, it's not just members who can view what you say. Most free forum sites expect you to keep it an open forum and I'm not sure about those you pay for and if you can make it members only who can view the content. I haven't researched that as I haven't had time but it sure would be nice to be able to speak freely without eavesdroppers.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bee, I don't really care about eaves droppers. Just being able to speak freely, is really all that matters to me. If someone wants to come onto a free forum, and listen to me talk about Jesus, I suggest that they knock themselves out. The same goes for being able to speak freely about current and world affairs. No matter what the media, big brother has access.

Last edited:

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to "ruin" this forum with politics. I have been kicked off summarily from a knitting site that I didn't even know had a political section. It still smarts.

Exactly! The amount of information that I've learned through this site on a self sufficient life style is simply unmeasurable. This site has some of the most knowledge, thoughtful and freely sharing, friendly members of any site I've been on.

There is absolutely no way I would think for even one second, about taking anything away from this site, it's wonderful just the way it is. I know I've become a much better person, because of the caring members here.

My desire is very simple... Research evil with hopes of doing good. I'm certain, that the research will lead to violations of this sites' policy. That why this is not the place for such.

I hope I communicated my intent correctly and it is well received.

HornyToadAcres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
As a telegram user, it's more of a content distribution app. Followers can respond to content posted, but not add new content.

Gab is fixing stuff daily. The influx of people is astounding.

MeWe is headed down the censorship path

Clouthub is another option but the whole platform is very spammy.

I haven't been on rumble much. What's their issue?
Telegram may have changed. When I used it, I was on a group where anyone could contribute. I "think" it can be used in different ways.

Totally agree about Gab. My concern is that "groups" are not near the top of the priority list re a post reposted yesterday.

Agree about Mewe - that would be a temporary landing site at best from all reports.

Clouthub is one I have not used.

Sad about Rumble - very well designed platform. I was on Parler but detested the interface.
[self censoring very political analogy I almost made hahahaha - had to do with lots of choices that are really all the same]