So much evil

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Appreciate the offer. I have ask though, do you really understand and agree with it's purpose to research evil with the hope of doing good? I can venture to say... it ain't gonna be pretty and none of us would even have a clue where it may lead.

Do you want to put any ground rules out on the table? Like absolutely do not go there, type of stuff?
I wasn't exactly offering anything; I was just countering the statement around forums being only out for profit and ad software picking apart all the posts for meat to use in content sourcing. So, if you're willing to go into it saying "hey, every X months we re-evaluate our bills and ask for donations to pay them and this keeps the forum ad free" then you can have a nice safe place to discuss things. You are not going to find an existing platform that will give you absolutely freedom. They are a business and need to be able to support themselves and at some point someone will say or do something that crosses a line into legal issues and they will eject you to protect themselves. Peoples' discussions can head into grounds of illegal or incendiary topics that could lead to real-world illegal activities, which puts that platform/business at risk of litigation and could potentially land those that allowed it to happen in jail or financial ruin. So, if you truly want to discuss things freely and openly to your heart's content you need to set up a private forum that is not linked to any ad network and go from there.
**EDIT: You also need to be willing to eject people that are crossing boundaries as well. Set rules and enforce them

My own point of note on this thread is this: the term "evil" is subjective. One person's view of that differs from another person's and the same goes for what's "morally right" or "morally wrong". It's why discussions can and do spin out of control very easily. So, I would find a different way of even describing what it is you're digging into otherwise your use of the term "evil" is basically using yellow journalism to elicit a feeling before people even get into the discussion. You are immediately drawing out emotions without even getting to the meat of the topic of what you're specifically discussing.

I'll remove myself from this conversation now and go back to my regularly scheduled discussions about trees :)

Last edited:

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my experience is that those who are most concerned with evil are the ones usually bringing it with them, being so warned i choose not to waste my time reading or listening to them until they start finding the love and grace that is spoken of by their Lord and Savior.