So, Ohioans, whatcha doin' to stay sane?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Above average rainfall for the past couple months
- I heard this morning that only 2% of the corn crop is planted, compared to an average 78% at this point in the year. More rain forecast for all next week
- most us usually have large chunks of our garden planted by now, but we have gardens bogs right now
- and who could forget the "poop soup" discussion on the Queen of Central Ohio's thread :)

Buckeyes, what you you doing to beat the "rainin' again" blues?

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Playing on line, and cooking pork chops for dinner...

spent a good portion of this afternoon picking a beek's brain - BECAUSE I'M GETTING BEES!!!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Typing a mile a minute to QA about bees :lol:

Otherwise playing on SS and deciding "what's for dinner". I think the last of the sausage chili and cornbread.

Deciding what I can do about the pepper and tomato plants which look like they are not going to make it this year. The garlic is dead - gone - not sure if it's weather or chipmunks or both. I'm willing to blame the weather for EVERYTHING this year. :p

Quilting and reading

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Oh cool!!!

Well that will keep you busy. One of my buddies got bees last week. I look forward to bribing her with eggs and duck meat to get honey :D

As for the rest of Ohio, I bet there are quite a few people rummaging around the old game closet!

When I was a kid in Wisconsin, rainy spring time is when we had marathon Risk sessions.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
i've just given up. i'm stalking around the house demanding to know "who wants a piece of me?" and snarling at everyone.

you know its bad when the ducks are complaining that its too soggy!

ugh!

i'm off to slog around in the poop soup....

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
*passed out from bee excitement*

Brain is numb.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm with OFG...I complain on here and stomp around shaking my fist at the sky :p I'm all fidgety and trying not to eat out of boredom, but then I end up making fudge because it's not like the sun will ever shine enough to worry how I look in shorts :p

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Sex. And since The Wife has had BOTH feet operated on, she can't outrun me. :D I hid the crutches and walker so she can't even throw those at me. :D :D

Life is good. Wet, but good.