So.....What did you get for Christmas?

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Nicole made out like a bandit ;)
she is thrilled this morning

I got a new digital scale I wanted, a horse picture thermometer.
That is it, I requested nothing. Oh cash, from parents and inlaws to the tune of $500 (so I am smiling) have no idea what I am going to buy --probably will put that money to my DisneyWorld trip to FL for Nicole this fall.

Tony got musketloader gun, GPS for the truck, books, undies, gloves, cologne and money also.

I wish I could take his money but I can't..LOL..he is going off to buy some expensive work shoes for Commscope. That 12 hr on concrete 4 days a week is killing his feet after 19 years..LOL

So that is it and we are all smiling here.

Off to Mom and Dads in a bit.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone and have a glorious day!!

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I got a Nifty Knitter!!!! No yarn, which is totally OK- I am picky about colors. I'll be shopping for that next week.

The dog went crazy unwrapping the 20 little stuffed animals from Goodwill. That was soooo entertaining watching her go over to the tree, getting yet another present and taking it onto the couch to open. We wrapped a bunch of paper towel tubes, each with a dog treat inside, too.
As you can probably guess most of the presents were for her.

We haven't exchanged with relatives yet.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
sylvie - I love watching my dog open his gifts. I put them all in a pillow case and he pulls one at a time out. Licks it all over and chases all the imaginary fleas off of it before he goes for the next one.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I got a second book called The Backyard Homesteader by Carleen Madigan. It looks great from first perusal and covers a lot of material....I'll have to read it more closely to see if it goes into enough detail to be helpful.

So far, I really like the looks of it.....it covers the how-tos of gardening, livestock, beekeeping, cider making, wild-crafting, milking, cheesemaking...you name it, it's in there!

I'm very pleased that the boys picked this one out on their own. :love

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well the kiddos racked up as usual,.myself,..I got an electric toothbrush and a box of chocolates,...:rolleyes: I guess they didn't want my teeth rotting from eating the chocolate. :gig

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Chocolate, a heavy duty cheese grater and some new scissors. We also got a couple of family gifts from our oldest son. He got us a flat screen tv and some DVD's.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
:celebrate A heavy duty garden scoot with a tractor seat from Gardner's supply! :weee

They are going to keep me gardening arthritis and all!! :celebrate

Cassie dog got a rawhide chewy and Sirius got a new rubber squeaky chicken.. squeaky ... squeaky...squeaky ... squeaky...squeaky ... squeaky...squeaky ... squeaky...
squeaky ... squeaky...
:D ... :p ... :/ ... :barnie

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I got a pressure canner, an electric toothbrush, underwear and socks. SO got a blind, an electric toothbrush and socks. Stepson got a .22 rifle, ammo, an electric toothbrush and socks.
We got some other tings too, but that is the gist of it.

The way I see it, we're all set. SO and stepson can use the blind and hunt some game with stepson's new gun and I'll use the new pressure canner to preserve the meat they bring home :p
I told DD to expect some canned venison meatloaf for next year's christmas gift :lol:

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I got a 'Stoneware Butter Keeper - Butter stays fresh, soft and sweet for up to 30 days without refrigeration!' so that way I can keep the goat butter at the toaster for long periods of time instead of the fridge to keep is fresh; where it gets too hard - then no one uses it.

I also got a stick blender for tracing soap!! Whoo hoo!!! No more stirring for a constant 2 hours!!!

Other than that my mom got me a couple cds and my sister gave me an iPod shuffle - not sure what to think of the ipod, its soo tiny, I'll probably accidentally smoosh it!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Underwear........socks.........T shirts........and a piece of arse.

Every darn one of them was 3 sizes to big.

:gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig