So.....What did you get for Christmas?

Grandma Goldie

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
I got a 'Stoneware Butter Keeper - Butter stays fresh, soft and sweet for up to 30 days without refrigeration!' so that way I can keep the goat butter at the toaster for long periods of time instead of the fridge to keep is fresh; where it gets too hard - then no one uses it.

I also got a stick blender for tracing soap!! Whoo hoo!!! No more stirring for a constant 2 hours!!!

Other than that my mom got me a couple cds and my sister gave me an iPod shuffle - not sure what to think of the ipod, its soo tiny, I'll probably accidentally smoosh it!
You are gonna LOVE the butter keeper. I have one and it is great. It keeps it at just the right spreading temp.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Grandma Goldie said:
Blackbird said:
I got a 'Stoneware Butter Keeper - Butter stays fresh, soft and sweet for up to 30 days without refrigeration!' so that way I can keep the goat butter at the toaster for long periods of time instead of the fridge to keep is fresh; where it gets too hard - then no one uses it.

I also got a stick blender for tracing soap!! Whoo hoo!!! No more stirring for a constant 2 hours!!!

Other than that my mom got me a couple cds and my sister gave me an iPod shuffle - not sure what to think of the ipod, its soo tiny, I'll probably accidentally smoosh it!
You are gonna LOVE the butter keeper. I have one and it is great. It keeps it at just the right spreading temp.
Oh good. Do you know how well it handles unpasteurized unsalted butter? Our friends have one, they said it works great as well.. they have dairy cows so I assume they use home-made butter but not sure.. I might have to ask.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Not too many SS items here. A plate rack for the new dishes I will be picking out next week if we get up to Vermont. Some organic cotton socks. Fingerless gloves with a mitten pull-over thingy.
DS got two amazing hand me downs from people who don't even know each other: a child size real electric guitar from the son of the guy who leads DH's band. He restrung it and cleaned it up. Then my brother gave him the mandolin he tried to teach himself to play.
DH got several new flannel shirts, jeans and gloves.

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My 10 days of pagan celebration gave to me:

38-55 marlin rifle
CAT touricate
northern exposure season 5
leather awl
some books
223 ammo

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
Underwear........socks.........T shirts........and a piece of arse.

Every darn one of them was 3 sizes to big.

:gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig :gig
In my house, after that sort of evaluation, one of them wouldn't be an issue again for a very, very long time.

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Everyone seemed on board with my SS lifestyle. My daughter got me a meat smoker, mom and dad gave me a hand cranked/solar/battery powered radio/flashlight/weater station/cell phone charger. I think that's cool ! Best of all? Enough cash to buy a small, easy to handle, rototiller. SCORE !!!

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Folks at work gave me a bunch of scrubs, socks, and some gift cards to get Christmas gifts and Christmas dinner with. DH gave me a Worst Case Survival daily calendar and 2 bottles of Kahlua. DD took me to Victoria's Secret and bought me an unmentionable that actually fits (woo hoo!) and a Michael Buble CD.

Best of all, I feel peaceful, blessed big-time, and loved.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Christmas was wonderfull here in Indiana. Well, other than the rain, and winds....trying to knock out the power. It flickered most of the day. I was prepared...had the woodstove going...just in case we needed to finish dinner on it. Luckily...we didnt have too! ;)
Under the tree was a bountifull list of surprises.

2 nightgowns
2 sweatshirts
a super large T shirt for sleeping in.
2 pair of sweat pants
a New frying pan ( I really needed a new one, my other one is warped!) LOL with dish towels and pot holders with roosters on them.
a stock water tank heater! :D
The movie UP ( that was a nice surprise)
and the game Sonic...for the PS2. ( I just love sonic, now to find time to play) :/

Hubby got..
2 sets of thermals
2 shirts
a set of flannel jammies
a new sircular saw
wire strippers
and a new exacto knife. ( we tend to lose them so easily)
One of my sons came and brought over his wife and my grandson.
They also surprised me with my other sons ex, and another grandson. ( he is 3 yrs old and such a thrill to be around)
My son and his wife got me a beautifull Eeyore coffee mug, a amber colored glass rooster candy dish, a leather banded watch( which I LOVE) They brought a large military tin of popcors for Hubby, and a game for the PS2. Some war type game. :rolleyes: I guess they think we just sit around all day playing games! LOL
It was great haveing the 2 grandsons here, and watching them open thier gifts, and squeel with delight. The older grandson(9) we got a birdhouse kit. He begged his dad to put it together right there, before dinner. Of course my son made him waite untill later. :/
I baked a wonderfull ham from our fall butcher hog...home made cloverleaf rolls...and all the trimmings. Everyone ate, and laughed..and we shared stories from days gone by. Then we took the kids out to do a "lamb check" No babies yet! Sevretly I was wishing she would have, or would BE lambing...for the grandkids to witness. She will probably start in the next few days, when our highs will be in the low 30's!
So, all in all....we had a wonderfull day. Family, food, and memories.
I hope everyone had a Blessed day!

Latest posts