*sobs* can i low carb it?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Hmmmm, yup we avoid confectioner's sugar here because of DS's corn allergy. It contains corn starch to keep it light and fluffy. I've come across recipes that use it and have been told to try super fine sugar instead. I haven't done that and I assume it woudl affect the texture. If you try them let us know! DS is NOT allergic to almonds!!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I think they will still be delicious if they are heavier! I remember something similar when I was a kid, made with peanut butter, powdered sugar, dried milk powder, and rolled in melted chocolate. Mmmmm.....wouldn't eat them now, knowing what I know of the ingredients, but boy, were they yummy! :p

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am not much of a baker but I know my Arrowroot powder has about the same texture as powdered sugar.

And I do think it's low carb.

:hu

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
Hmmmm, yup we avoid confectioner's sugar here because of DS's corn allergy. It contains corn starch to keep it light and fluffy. I've come across recipes that use it and have been told to try super fine sugar instead. I haven't done that and I assume it woudl affect the texture. If you try them let us know! DS is NOT allergic to almonds!!!
Little hijack here on the subject of powdered sugar - not for those who can't eat sugar, but for Henrietta's son who can't handle the cornstarch. If you have a blender you can blend a cup or two of plain granulated sugar almost as fine as powdered sugar. I find a food processor doesn't work as well; it will make super fine, but doesn't pulverize it to the same extent as a blender. End hijack :)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Coconut flour is pretty light and fluffy, isn't it?