*sobs* can i low carb it?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Ok. comfectioners sugar is just powdered sugar and cornstarch. You can deal with the sugar with stevia. the issue of the cornstarch factor in the recipe is the filler, so you would need something t add substance to the recipe without the carbs. It seems obvious that you wouldn't be able to totally and equally substitute it. almond flour would be too heavy, but ti still might be good. coconut flour, I think would be light, and lend it self nicely to the recipe. Is arrowroot flour low carb? That might work too. I think I would experiment, trying the coconut flour first. Oh, and i would definitely grind up the sugar to make it more powdery. I recommend using a coffee grinder.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
sorry, when I said sugar , I meant for the sweet factor. and your right about the cocontu flour absorbing all the milk--mkaing it heavier--you could accomodate by adding more milok, but then you are still dealing with heavy. Let us know how it goes.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
It is gluten free. I guess it depends on what your metabolic malfunction is as to what you use :D

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
We can try

I think between the 2 of us we have about 47 recipes we want to try between Friday and Saturday. If we skip sleeping we still might have to cut out one or two recipes :D