"Solar Flare" the book

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Jen-pi said:
Well Barred, it will be a learning experience.
Im sure what you learn will come in handy someday...;)

i_am2bz - if you PM me your address,(and name) I will certainly send it to you.
Yippeee! Thanks Jen-pi! Will PM you shortly! :D

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Ice storms are not fun. They are pretty when the sun comes out but they can be devestating. I've been through two within the last 3 or 4 years.

DO NOT WISH FOR ICE STORMS

You can clear the snow away after a heavy storm. Ice storms can take days for the ice to melt off the roads. Trees break and block roads, break power lines, fall on houses. Ice falls off the trees and can kill or maim.

No, ice storms are bad.

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Haven't read this book, but have read another by Larry Burkett called "The Illuminati" (sp?) - about the end-times/New World Order/etc. He also wrote a lot about money management, too. Christian author/worldview; think he passed away a few years back.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We are supposed to get 2 more inches of snow ontop of our 7 inches then ice and sleet. Its very possible I may never see you guys again.

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
We are supposed to get 2 more inches of snow ontop of our 7 inches then ice and sleet. Its very possible I may never see you guys again.
Make sure the battery in your laptop is charged!! :D

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Well its charged. And I have 2 hours of free dial up each month so I may be in the touch if I am dragged under.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I haven't seen an ice storm in years, and hope to never see another one in my life!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
Ice storms are not fun. They are pretty when the sun comes out but they can be devestating. I've been through two within the last 3 or 4 years.

DO NOT WISH FOR ICE STORMS

You can clear the snow away after a heavy storm. Ice storms can take days for the ice to melt off the roads. Trees break and block roads, break power lines, fall on houses. Ice falls off the trees and can kill or maim.

No, ice storms are bad.
I agree 1000% with Dac. We had a nasty bad ice storm here about 6 years ago. We were without power and phones for 6 days. Not that that was such a bad thing, but we just got the last of all the dead and broken limbs trimmed out of our 8 largest trees this fall.
That ice storm is what made me decide to get a larger genset with an automatic starter/ transfer switch. I have TWO 500 gallon propane tanks full to run it. The old generator was to small and had to have gasoline added every 6 hours. On top of all that, one of our sump pumps died in the middle of all that ice melting. I had to do a sump pump bypass while on backup power. NOT FUN!!

i_am2bz

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
SKR8PN said:
On top of all that, one of our sump pumps died in the middle of all that ice melting. I had to do a sump pump bypass while on backup power. NOT FUN!!
At least you know how to DO that... :D