Some new kids!

Boo360

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hey there,

My wife and are in our 20s and have already decided that our dream is to have a couple of acres, a camper, and to slowly build a home and self sustainable life for our future children and ourselves. We're very interested in Aquaponics and are interested in starting our own business in the same direction. Things are pretty easy going now but I assume they'll get tough trying to convert over to a totally self sufficient life. After 7 years working in a severely unhealthy environment both physically and mentally I gave it up and now am currently back to mowing lawns and hauling. (Which ironically pays more.)

Just hoping for lots of advice and tips here. Thanks!

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Not sure if you have ever read Mortgage Free but that book was very helpful in our start on a more self sufficient lifestyle.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Oh to be in your shoes with ALL the seemingly endless possibilities! I wish you many blessings on your journey! Sounds like you have some decent ideas...get it on paper and set some short term and long term goals and stick to it. Plan to work and work the plan and you'll be there before ya know it!

:welcome from Tennessee!!!!!!!!!!!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I look forward to hearing about your progress! I wish I could have started when I was in my 20's.