Someday Farm, yup someday it will all be just the way i want it..........

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Crazy duck!

No frost here yet, but forecast for high 40's to low 50's for in the morning. That's brrrrrr for me, lol.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We've had a couple of frost already, and they're calling for it to be even colder tonight.

There's a duck sitting on eggs out at the farm now. I don't know if she'll be able to raise her babies or not since we're heading into winter. If I can figure out which are males and which are females, I might steal a couple of hens to raise.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
You have my permission to keep that there.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
i don't look forward to the cold this year. i hadn't even had a killing frost when we got that killing freeze. i think frozen flowers are the saddest things. and i miss all the color.
well, everyone that i want bred is. both baby girls were in heat yesterday, whole lot of yelling going on. they know somethings wrong they just don't know what so they yell. i love goats! Katie and ben out in the pasture by the old building and ben out with the girls yesterday. he is growing like a weed and starting to find his big dog voice. he knew he had found a booger night before last barking and charging till he discovered it was just bull calf coming out of the woods. he went oh... never mind.
IMG_0283.JPG
IMG_0278.JPG

have the greenhouse cleaned out and ready to move. I'm so slow, should have had this done 2 weeks ago but ... I've been fighting fire ants. they have built a large nest where i want to put the greenhouse and i have been trying to kill them out but am limited to what i am willing to put out. the good news is the tomatoes, peppers and other plants that go into it are safe in the storage building till I'm done.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
I need to get my greenhouse cleaned out. At least I don't have to worry about fire ants.

goatgurl

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@DenimDeb, if you've never met a group of fire ants you don't want to. their sting does indeed feel like fire and it always makes blisters on me and then take forever to heal. they bite you to hang on while stinging you. and will get on new born animals and can sting them to death. i hate the little boogers but i can't bring myself to put poisons where the green house is going to be.
had family in over the weekend and all i can say is thank God and greyhound they're gone. all the drama just exhausts me. it is really hard to love someone and not like them at all.
on lighter news i went to pick up some canning jars from an add on craigslist and she told me they were combining things from her house and her mothers house it sell and would i be interested in looking? indeed i would and did. ended up buying a really nice small wood that they have had for over 25 years and have never used. much better made than the one i had been look at and is small enough not to take up the whole living room but big enough to heat my whole house and i only paid $65.00 for it. less than a third of what they wanted for a new one, yea!!!!!. also bought a swing set for my back yard. all metal and low enough for my short legs. i love it and am going to put it facing the pond so i can watch the ducks play and enjoy the view.
all of the goats are bred and mellowing out, sheep are doing great, chickens are laying great guns and the steer ran away from home. he's been gone for a week and i have walked the world over and haven't found him. I've started calling the neighbors and asking them to keep an eye open for him. sure hope he shows up somewhere. don't have a clue how or where he got out but am going to keep looking.
you all have a blessed day

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Family can sure be exhausting! Congrats on your great bargains.... and are you sure the steer wasn't stolen???

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sure hope your steer turns up. After what I have read you are not lazy, if fact you sound very productive to me.