Someone gave me ALOT of ACV. What do I do with it?

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I use it as a rinse on my hair before washing, I used to work for a lady who used it to wash her windows and dry with newspaper on the outside because the ink from the paper repelled dust. Also as fabric softener it works well. I was told to use it almost boiling as a weed killer but never had enough to really try it.

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
VickiLynn said:
urban dreamer said:
I was planning on getting some black berry bushes or blue berry bushes. How much vinegar do you use to treat the soil? How often do you need to re-apply?

I'm gonna use some of it this week to mop the floors in the kitchen and hallway. I need to get some baking soda to scrub the oven with. Thanks for the tips guys!
In the summer I just put about a cup-full in a gallon of water for each bush, and do that 2 or 3 times throughout the summer (if and when I remember).
Just during the summer? What about the rest of the year?

How do you use it as a fabric softener? Just add some kinda amount to the rinse cycle before you throw them in the dryer?

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
urban dreamer said:
VickiLynn said:
urban dreamer said:
I was planning on getting some black berry bushes or blue berry bushes. How much vinegar do you use to treat the soil? How often do you need to re-apply?

I'm gonna use some of it this week to mop the floors in the kitchen and hallway. I need to get some baking soda to scrub the oven with. Thanks for the tips guys!
In the summer I just put about a cup-full in a gallon of water for each bush, and do that 2 or 3 times throughout the summer (if and when I remember).
Just during the summer? What about the rest of the year?

How do you use it as a fabric softener? Just add some kinda amount to the rinse cycle before you throw them in the dryer?
I'm in Wisconsin - the bushes are under a snowdrift the rest of the year;)

In my laundry, I use a splash (maybe cup - or would that much be considered a glub) in the liquid fabric softener dispenser. And for the dishwasher, I fill the Jet-Dry dispenser with vinigar.