Something Good

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There's alot going on right now in the world - sometimes it just seems easier to slip into thinking about the negative. Let's count our blessings in the ramblings section, and turn our minds to the good things in life. If something good happened to you today, share it here! From big blessings of a healthy recovery, to the small things like getting your first tomato in the garden. There's enough bad stuff out there right now; let's take time to just think about the good things.

For example, today, I'm really blessed by having a loving family and by getting a few work calls here lately.

i have some sprouts from some peas i planted a 2nd time and was wondering if the seeds were any good at all. :) so that means of all the peas someone sent to me that i have plants up and growing. 12 new pea varieties to play with and sample and ...

the first planting was about a month ago and all but two of the groups i planted sprouted and are growing well. replanted the two more barren spots a week or so ago.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's some serious water! LOL ieve we could all come by and pick from that beauty of a strawberry patch.

What's the thing with wheels in upper right of that pick?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's some serious water! LOL ieve we could all come by and pick from that beauty of a strawberry patch.

What's the thing with wheels in upper right of that pick?

a small pedal merry-go-round from an old school playground. the wooden pedals rotted off years ago. mostly what it is now is a hornet/wasp/weed hotel. it does work, but i'm too big to sit on it and pedal.

and yes, a lot of water once in a while when it rains too much. that is why i have to perch gardens up above the flash flood stage. it all drains off pretty well as i do have it figured out and the berm i put in keeps the flooding from the south field from coming through.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
speaking of blooming the strawberry patch is going strong. hope the recent heat isn't too much for them, but so good to see the efforts of the past few years finally looking to be paying off:

DSC_20200524_195132-0400_400_Strawberries_Blooming_thm.jpg

p6270012_Too_Low_thm.jpg

p6270009_Paths_Low_Spots_thm.jpg

HomesteaderWife

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@flowerbug - I love that beautiful little stove in the photo - do you have any closeups of it and what brand/model it is?