SoyBean's Self Sufficient Life

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
Soybean said:
Thanks. We got married on our 5 year anniversary. We are high school sweethearts. Now he says the next step is kids. He wants 5+ :th
Five kids, WOW!! You're gonna outgrow that 2 bedroom townhouse real quick. :lol:

Soybean

Power Conserver
Reaction score
This is why I want a farm. We need room for all those horses, cows, chickens, and goats I want....oh! And a barn for the kids.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Soybean said:
Thanks. We got married on our 5 year anniversary. We are high school sweethearts. Now he says the next step is kids. He wants 5+ :th
We have five kids! and 2 goats, 100+ chickens, 4 turkeys, 2 geese, 15 ducks, 4 dogs, 3 ferrets, 1 cat, 5 Quail, a horse on the way, a bunch of eggs in the 'bator LOL

I don't think I am forgetting anyone, but believe me, there's not a single dull moment around here!

Soybean

Power Conserver
Reaction score
5 is his minimum. I told him as long as I can be a stay at home mom and run a small farm, we can have a lot of kids. :)

I want goats, chickens, ducks, horses, cows, dogs, cats, ferrets, the whole shebang. <-- spelling?

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
If the DH and I had met at a much earlier age, we would have many children, I'm sure. He said he always wanted like...10 :ep :th My DS (from a previous) was a whopping 10lbs, and I swore off any more after him, and so far have kept that promise, lol

It takes a special person to have that many, or more, and I envy you with your patience and skill...good luck to you both on your dreams! :bouquet

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Soybean said:
This is why I want a farm. We need room for all those horses, cows, chickens, and goats I want....oh! And a barn for the kids.
Welcome Jay!
Um, a barn for the kids??? Is that legal. Don't kids need to live in a house? :lol: Hmmm, you did mention goats right before kids....
I'm laughing with you here I hope! :D
Baby steps are great! Especially with big plans like yours. As my DH likes to say, Knowledge is Power! Do your research now and you will be so prepared!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Congrats on the marriage. 10 kids. WHEW.
Yep you are gonna need a big barn. :bouquet

Soybean

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was joking as in I would keep the animals in the house and the children would sleep out in a barn. Not that I would actually do that.

I wish there was a place where I could get my farm fix, like going to help someone with feeding, grooming, and caring for the animals or something like that. I'm already talking to one of my friends who full leases a horse at a nearby horse barn. She said I could help her groom and she'd teach me to ride a little. :)

Now I did see a chicken running loose on Tuesday in my apartment complex. No one around here that I know of has chickens. I know the are not allowed in this complex otherwise I would already have 2 or 3, but this chicken was just walking around near one of the townhouses. I haven't seen a chicken in this area for a few years now. It was quite a site. I wonder if someone in the complex is keeping them.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Soybean said:
I was joking as in I would keep the animals in the house and the children would sleep out in a barn. Not that I would actually do that.

I wish there was a place where I could get my farm fix, like going to help someone with feeding, grooming, and caring for the animals or something like that. I'm already talking to one of my friends who full leases a horse at a nearby horse barn. She said I could help her groom and she'd teach me to ride a little. :)

Now I did see a chicken running loose on Tuesday in my apartment complex. No one around here that I know of has chickens. I know the are not allowed in this complex otherwise I would already have 2 or 3, but this chicken was just walking around near one of the townhouses. I haven't seen a chicken in this area for a few years now. It was quite a site. I wonder if someone in the complex is keeping them.
I know what you mean about a farm fix. I love it when we get to take care of our friends' three sheep.

Soybean

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I used to live out in the country (about 45 minutes from the city) and we had 3 horses, rabbits, dogs, cats, a pony. It was wonderful. And I love the smell of horses. I can't wait till I can go and ride again. :)