Sponsoring a 9 year old from Puru

Cecilia's-life

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just an idea- You could always write about agricultural practices here, and compare it to where he lives!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Some years back, the preacher at the church I attended went to Peru to teach future preachers. He traveled to other countries to volunteer at schools that taught and trained men to become preachers. He would always bring back stories of where he had been. I remember one of his stories about Lima, Peru. He went to a grocery store and was amazed at the varieties of potatoes. Potatoes originated in the Andes mountains, which run through Peru. he said that different potatoes were for different occasions. For instance, there was a variety of potatoes that was served at weddings. He was in the birthplace of potatoes and he found it very interesting at all the different potatoes there were and the different customs and uses for them.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
His birthday is coming up in February. I would like to do something special for him and his family. God Almighty has a plan for him, the same as the rest of us. It would be easy if he weren't 1/2 a world away. But I think I'll call world vision and see what the possiblity are.

Thank you all for your replies. It's so Interesting to discover something brand new, like Peruvian culture. The young man has long arms and pulls on my heart stings. But then again I have yet to meet a child that does'nt.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What you're doing is wonderful. We are so blessed in the USA it's hard for us to realize the disparity many suffer elsewhere....the challenges they face for the simplest things we don't appreciate every day. Sharing our abundance is a great feeling.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What you're doing is wonderful. We are so blessed in the USA it's hard for us to realize the disparity many suffer elsewhere....the challenges they face for the simplest things we don't appreciate every day. Sharing our abundance is a great feeling.
Yes 👍 and that the exchange rate of USD to PNS is currently almost 4 to 1.

Screenshot_20220731-165501~2.png

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸