Sponsorship

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
If you are allowed, a nice little pocket knife for them each would be wonderful...imagine what they could get done with their own knife and how much the other boys would want one. Knives are something passed down from generation to generation in those countries and often sharpened down to the nub in the end.

Clothing is something else that's nice...maybe you could find what size they wear? That's always well received.

Don't know if they would send them to kids sponsored under another organization but World Vision does the goats and chicken thing: https://donate.worldvision.org/give/goat-2chicken

Thank you!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
If you're unable to get something directly to these children, you might be interested in Heifer International. It's a charity that provides livestock animals, and training to families in need in developing nations. They also provide access to markets and drinking water. As a condition of receiving the gift of an animal, they give the firstborn offspring and training to another family in their area, so the gifts keep giving.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just talking with my wife about this and as usual she has already taken care of the extra gifts for Christmas. She said yeah I had the same feeling too and already took care of it. I guess that's what happens when your married for 33 thousand years.

I thought we were sponsoring three childern and sure enough we are. We also spnsor a teenage girl in Uganda. Last month she purchased a chicken, cloth which she sew into the dress in this picture, pair of shoes and a loaf of bread.
IMG_20181108_210330.jpg

Dispite all the political discord currently, we are very fortunate to live in the USA. Fortunate enough to be able to help a little with children in need in other countries. And at least for me, that's a good thing to do.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
do you mind sharing what organization(s) you sponsor through? I'm impressed with the level of contact. seems like many others send the same one child profile to everyone and there's no way to provide further contact or support.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
do you mind sharing what organization(s) you sponsor through? I'm impressed with the level of contact. seems like many others send the same one child profile to everyone and there's no way to provide further contact or support.

Compassion international & Childfund International

We receive letters most every month from them. My wife has a stack of them in her desk drawer. Peter is 4 so he to young to write but his mother writes us a letter for him.

I wanted to add many years ago I was offered a job at compassion international and I know they are legit. I did 3 interviews but didn't take the job because I would have had to move my family.

Last edited: