Sprained Ankle While Sleeping?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
here's another sleeping problem that some people have. leg cramps. Mom used to get these almost every night. we found out that for her the trigger was too much sugar.

once in a while i'll wake up in the middle of the night with a cramp in the middle of my foot.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
here's another sleeping problem that some people have. leg cramps. Mom used to get these almost every night. we found out that for her the trigger was too much sugar.

once in a while i'll wake up in the middle of the night with a cramp in the middle of my foot.
I've woken up to a foot cramp so many times. Potassium chloride with water before bed and no more foot cramps.

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have not felt like I sprained anything but physical work that I had done the day or two before does haunt me after a night of sleeping sometimes-back, legs, shoulders, you name it!
That's what I wondered. I've been working outside a lot, and maybe just a strain on the joint. I was digging sod up a few days ago.

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Is it bad if I laugh? I have so many friends with EDS and this would have us rolling :gig
Yes, we chuckle too. The hypermobility/EDS thing is what she has. I couldn't recall the terminology when I posted.

Never a dull moment

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
this isn't an injury during sleeping thing, but somehow when weeding a garden sitting on a ground pillow i tore a tendon in my leg which has never fully recovered. i managed to do this just a few days before vacation when my sister and her partner were going to visit so the whole time i'm limping around. i can walk and i can get things done, but i'd never trust myself to having to do a fast run to get away from a bear or to chase the ice-cream truck (i can't even remember the last time i heard or saw an ice-cream truck)...