Spring development

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I wish I had more solid advice. The property owners on what used to be the Great Trail Indian Trail between Pittsburgh and Central Ohio running near my BIL family's farm ruined two perfectly good sweet cold water springs by trying to harness the yield. :somad

windyoak

Power Conserver
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
I wish I had more solid advice. The property owners on what used to be the Great Trail Indian Trail between Pittsburgh and Central Ohio running near my BIL family's farm ruined two perfectly good sweet cold water springs by trying to harness the yield. :somad
Now that is a true shame! Some people do tend to blunder into projects without considering the damage they can do. But to over react and start making parental laws to govern all activity is another shame! But this leads to another discussion
You wrote, sweet cold water springs which sparked an idea .. Temperature! If I am dealing with water from the aquifer then the temperature of the water would be the same as the temperature that I get from my well. If the temperature is warmer, then I am dealing with a spring that is fed by a source not directly from the aquifer. Ill need to explore this idea!

windyoak

Power Conserver
Reaction score
frustratedearthmother said:
I think you're onto something.....don't you just love those "aha" moments!?!
:) Ya - its like a little bell going of in my head! :woot And you never know what will cause it. FarmerJamie was more helpful than he knew!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
windyoak said:
frustratedearthmother said:
I think you're onto something.....don't you just love those "aha" moments!?!
:) Ya - its like a little bell going of in my head! :woot And you never know what will cause it. FarmerJamie was more helpful than he knew!
You're welcome!!!!

Even us blind squirrels find a nut once in a while. :p :lol: