Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I put up 20 jars of pears yesterday. I quarter, core and peel them. I cook them in a light syrup of 1 cup sugar to one cup water. I simmer lemon peels in the syrup and put a teaspoon of fresh lemon juice in each jar. I put a jar in the refrigerator and we eat them for dessert. Yummy! Going to try to can another 20 jars today.
Gonna load the 3 hogs this morning while it’s cool. Then park them in the shade and spray them with water hourly to keep them cool. Then in the morning we’ll be at the slaughter facility at 7:30, unload, give cutting instructions and bring truck and trailer home. Switch to the car, go to Tyler, DH has a doctor appointment for a checkup. Busy morning tomorrow!

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Cool today...

I have ignored the greenhouse for a few days... ever since pinching off tomato and pepper flowers...

I need to force myself back out

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Our water pressure has gone way down- to where you can't wash dishes and do laundry or take a shower at the same time. It's too low to use any kind of watering sprayer- even a hand held one. So we are watering with a bubbler or just the end hose with the valve open just enough to make a kind of spray. Since we doubled the size of the garden this year it's making watering in this heat a multi-day affair. I'm hoping/praying it doesn't mean our well is drying up. Plus, Mama Hen figured out where she could get into the garden to follow her chicks who are still small enough to just waltz in. I wasn't worried about the babies, because they are too small to do much damage scratching and pecking around the plants, but Mama did a number on the green beans. DH spent two whole days patching here, patching there, with bits and pieces of leftover 1" mesh chicken wire. He may have been successful finally, because the last two days we haven't found her in the garden. I was able to gather about 8 pounds of green beans still. Half of them I freeze dried, the others are going into the canner today.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our water pressure has gone way down- to where you can't wash dishes and do laundry or take a shower at the same time. It's too low to use any kind of watering sprayer- even a hand held one. So we are watering with a bubbler or just the end hose with the valve open just enough to make a kind of spray. Since we doubled the size of the garden this year it's making watering in this heat a multi-day affair. I'm hoping/praying it doesn't mean our well is drying up. Plus, Mama Hen figured out where she could get into the garden to follow her chicks who are still small enough to just waltz in. I wasn't worried about the babies, because they are too small to do much damage scratching and pecking around the plants, but Mama did a number on the green beans. DH spent two whole days patching here, patching there, with bits and pieces of leftover 1" mesh chicken wire. He may have been successful finally, because the last two days we haven't found her in the garden. I was able to gather about 8 pounds of green beans still. Half of them I freeze dried, the others are going into the canner today.
Scary about your well.

Our well is heavily reliant on rainfall. So, if we don't get much rain it starts to slow, but as soon as rain picks up, the well picks up.