Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We hit 26° last night. Hit freezing around 9pm and 9am. At which point I went and pulled the heavy duty tarp off the 2 zucchini plants still producing.

They survived!
DANG! We went all the way down to about 80 last night, lol. But, I'm certainly ready for some cooler weather.

Congrats on your zucchini plants surviving!

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It seems like we always have rain in the forecast. Got some more coming up towards the end of the week. But, then coolness will follow! Whoop, whoop!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Silkies murdered a rat sometime between me letting them out into their courtyards at noon and 3pm. It died halfway through the fence with it's arms grabbing the chainlink. Then it became silkie chow.

Always amazes me that the 6+ pound EE and ameraucana run from adult rats. The 2 pound silkies attack en masse. They can be such angry little birds.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I'm going to work on the screened porch today. Going to have a memorial for my husband for our friends here, so I got to get some things gone. Giving some stuff to Robert. Got a bunch of batteries, my son said to call salvage yards, sometimes they will buy them, beats paying to get rid of them. It was a "deal" that BJ found. LOL I have a chick brooder, it is getting picked up on Friday. :clap Another big chunk gone. There is an assortment of paneling and sheetrock in the portable building I'm moving. Also some bubble wrap radiant heat barrier that happens to be the very stuff Robert is putting up in his shop. He can put the paneling up in his shop too. He's happy, I'm happy, more stuff gone.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish you luck, memorials are hard.
I actually really like memorials and funerals.

Yes, lots of emotions well up...

And all of that emotion can be incredibly draining...

But it feels cathartic to me, and brings such good closure.

Also getting to see all of the people that were important to the departed is touching.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wish you luck, memorials are hard.
There will be a big one October 30 in Livingston, where he lived for 35 years. I lived there for 30 years. We knew a lot of people. People are going to talk about him and tell stories.

Then the small one here of maybe 30 people. It will be nice.

I actually really like memorials and funerals.

Yes, lots of emotions well up...

And all of that emotion can be incredibly draining...

But it feels cathartic to me, and brings such good closure.

Also getting to see all of the people that were important to the departed is touching.
Memorials and funerals let people grieve. You are right, it brings people together.

Latest posts