SS cafe

Good idea or not?

  • Yes, I like this idea

    Votes: 18 85.7%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

    Votes: 3 14.3%

  • Total voters
    21
  • This poll will close: .

CLSranch

Lovin' The Homestead
Joined
Jul 6, 2018
Messages
73
Reaction score
94
Points
62
Location
NE Oklahoma
Tired today.

Howdy all.
Howdy back. I'm sooorrrre today, so is the mare. What time zone are you in Alaskan? How far behind Central. I remember you mentioning that Alaska while in several time zones they only use one but I don't remember which one.
 

Alaskan

Lovin' The Homestead
Joined
Mar 16, 2021
Messages
72
Reaction score
63
Points
55
Howdy back. I'm sooorrrre today, so is the mare. What time zone are you in Alaskan? How far behind Central. I remember you mentioning that Alaska while in several time zones they only use one but I don't remember which one.
We follow the time zone of Juneau, which is close to the west coast of Canada.

So we are actually only one hour after the west coast of the US (California, Washington, and Oregon)
 

JanetMarie

Almost Self-Reliant
Joined
Jun 29, 2018
Messages
190
Reaction score
214
Points
102
Time for an afternoon visit to the cafe. It's about 80 degrees out again today. Unseasonably warm for SW Michigan. Getting a cold frame today! No more row covers blowing off and ducks eating the lettuce! I love my ducks though.
 

Alaskan

Lovin' The Homestead
Joined
Mar 16, 2021
Messages
72
Reaction score
63
Points
55
I am excited!

Warming up! The high on Saturday will be above freezing, and Sunday I think 38, and FOURTY degrees on MONDAY!!!

Whoot!!!

Pig pen cleaning on Monday!!!
 

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Joined
Jan 24, 2020
Messages
338
Reaction score
702
Points
120
Location
Australia
Raining here today :D The garden is going to love it! Been really lucky with rain this year in that there has been more of it! Today I have planted some kale seeds so they grow over winter. Next will be radish.

The snails are also out in force. I have never seen them stick their heads into the sand like they do here ? Anyone know what thats about? They suck into the ground as I try to pick them up to chuck over the fence to the ducks. I have opened the gate to let the ducks free roam, but they havent figured it out yet.

I love this cloudy and cool weather, I get so much done! Town is buzzing as well, its school holidays and cool enough for people to be wandering the streets. Even the post office was busy!

Lunch is in the oven, herb salad from the garden with cheap crumbed chicken. I thought it i got it pre packaged, it would save me some mess, but then I read the box and its only 53% chicken... Not sure what the other 47% is! Cant possibly all be breadcrumbs! So i think next time I will just bread the breast myself and deal with the mess!
 

Alaskan

Lovin' The Homestead
Joined
Mar 16, 2021
Messages
72
Reaction score
63
Points
55
but then I read the box and its only 53% chicken... Not sure what the other 47% is! Cant possibly all be breadcrumbs! So i think next time I will just bread the breast myself and deal with the mess!
I loved the post until this part... what else have they put in there? :hide

Of course my spouse made some kind of not-meat, pretend to be meat food for me today. Soo.... I have no idea what I ate. :idunno

It actually tasted good, a great big pepper stuffed with pretend meat, refried beans on the side... so I did get my veggies.

As to your snails... no idea, sounds funny.

Been so long since I have had snail garden issues...no snails here, just slugs.
 
Top