Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What's the deal with the follower? Just along for the walk?
Took me a minute. I had to reread post. :thPasture mates and working her in the pasture for lack of room anywhere else. He left during the lunging. He wanted to follow after she was gone soooo long, while getting saddled.lol I think he's starting to drop as well.

Messybun

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Seitan makes a great meat substitute. Has texture and everything. Used to be considered a health food until people freaked out about gluten since it's all gluten.

I have family that are actually celiacs and then some that are nuts and think it's cool to claim to have it like so very many people do now (as everyone watches them eat something with wheat). Those same ones don't understand that my mother is allergic to wheat and even miniscule ingestion gives her hives and makes her violently sick and asthma attack, though luckily no anaphylaxis so far. Wheat harvest just about kills her and there are no close fields.

I've had people try and pretend they know more than either the doctors or me about my issues on getting sick after eating bread. "Oh it's definitely celiac." "Oh you have gkuten intolerance." Idiots. I've told them repeatedly that's not it. I can eat commercial pasta just fine as well as homemade breads with extra gluten. I have an intolerance to some dough conditioner or other additive in the commercial breads. Which makes sense since I have other issues with other chemicals that I cannot tolerate. I wonder how many people have that issue.

My baking soda issue is the weirdest as I can EAT it just fine. Get it on my skin and I burn. No using it for laundy either unless I do an extra rinse with vinegar. I use it for cleaning and have to be careful with it. I have ended up at the hospital from it before.

Oh and thinking of ER visits here'sa couple PSAs. Close your eyes if you're flipping open paper bags because skinning your eyeball sucks painfully and it takes forever to grow the membrane back and you have to hope it grows correctly with no distortion. Also don't stomp rats in flip flops as they can twist around and bite leaving teeth stuck in your toes. I live to be an example of what weird things can happen to people.
I don’t have true Celiac but I also get very sick when I eat bread. I have an aunt who does similar and she figured out it’s the roundup (I believe it’s the round up) used on the wheat crops. I trusted her and tried pasta from Italy(illegal to use most chemicals on crops over there) and I am perfectly fine. Get a few crumbs of American wheat and I’m sick as a dog. Perhaps it is something in the wheat itself from when it was grown?
P.s. Thanks for the advice, I’ll remember those.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Chemicals in foods -- big problem! It's so hard to prevent, even at home because of expansive use, wind drift, animals eating hay that was from a field previously sprayed, etc! We are being poisoned. Not from our own use.

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good morning all. Here's some coffee to go with our cold front coming in. I can't believe that I won the POW contest and not the kiddo's. :lol: Tomorrow will be the third frost since I thought it was over and started planting. I guess I'll be re-planting what doesn't come up next week.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We had early morning visitors.
20210420_072903_capture.jpg
20210420_072953.jpg

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Good morning all. It's warmed up a bit here, but will have some more storms coming in tonight. Last nights rain didn't bring a lot. I think all the ranch work is over for a while so I'm going to have a few slow days.

Alaskan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well..... it froze up again...

Which is awesome to keep the driveway firm, and means I can walk the path to church on solid snow instead of rotten snow.

Last week when the snow was trying to melt, it was so rotten that walking along my foot would every so often bust through up to my knee.

BUT, yeah... the snow melts more slowly when everything is frozen.

:lol:

CLSranch

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
83f today, with south wind in the 30's mph range. I need to get some replanting going on in the garden. But we had 2 or 3 freezes after high 70's. It's been dry lately, after I bought seed for the yard. It was a mud hole for a month+ before. My grass is thin enough in areas that it dry's out fast, yet when wet not enough root structure to hold the soil together and a slick clay mess with a light rain.

Latest posts