Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
sipping Sleepytime tea and supper is Queso Fundido with chorizo. I found some corn tortillas that are keto friendly! They are made from a mix of corn and nopal flour, but they taste just like regular corn tortillas to me. I fried some to make chips to scoop my queso with.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm trying to start a habit of drinking tea several ties a day with the addition of some fresh ginger and turmeric. It's quite tasty and hopefully a healthy addition to my lifestyle. But, I can't give up my coffee - nor do I want to!

Need to go pick up some panels today - but the weather is crappy. May or may not make today an inside day. House could use it...laundry calls. DH is recovering from an overnight hypoglycemic episode but he's got a list of errands to tackle for his mom after he's feeling better. Maybe I can give him my list too...

My garlic is sprouting! Yay - now I want to plant some more!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm trying to start a habit of drinking tea several ties a day with the addition of some fresh ginger and turmeric. It's quite tasty and hopefully a healthy addition to my lifestyle. But, I can't give up my coffee - nor do I want to!

Need to go pick up some panels today - but the weather is crappy. May or may not make today an inside day. House could use it...laundry calls. DH is recovering from an overnight hypoglycemic episode but he's got a list of errands to tackle for his mom after he's feeling better. Maybe I can give him my list too...

My garlic is sprouting! Yay - now I want to plant some more!

ginger and turmeric in coffee would be ok with me... i kinda do odd combinations of things anyways. :)

garlic sprouts are so cute! :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Good thing you haven't needed that board stretcher. I hate waste in a good building project. When we put the roof on the chicken coop, we found that half of the screws had the heads on the wrong ends. We were throwing those away (what a lot of waste!) until DH figured out that we could use all those "head on the wrong end" screws on the other side of the roof. I love that man. He's smarter than the average bear.

I put an other slug of fire wood in this afternoon. Slowly, but surely, the wood pile is getting smaller, while the racks are filling up. Freezing slop due tomorrow. A good 3 more sessions should see the job finished.

Never seen a screw with a head on the wrong end before. Inquiring minds would like to see a picture of said screw.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Head on the wrong end: If you take it out of the box, and find that the point is sticking up, that's a "wrong ender" the screw bit on the screwdriver won't fit it right. You have to throw that one away, or use it on the other side of the building, and keep pulling them out of the box until you get one with the wide end sticking up.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Head on the wrong end: If you take it out of the box, and find that the point is sticking up, that's a "wrong ender" the screw bit on the screwdriver won't fit it right. You have to throw that one away, or use it on the other side of the building, and keep pulling them out of the box until you get one with the wide end sticking up.

when i read your first post on this topic i was thinking it was something like this form of humor. :)

cluckmecoop7

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry everyone, I've been really busy lately. I don't have time right now to like everyone's post - I hope you don't mind. :) I better change my avvy from that pumpkin soon, by the way!:lol:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
On a cell phone the pumpkin looks like a orange blob. Didn’t know what it was until I opened laptop. LOL

Latest posts