Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cluckmecoop7

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
***Walks in*** Good morning everyone!....*sip*....how's the cafe coming along? Well, I see its...*sip*...going quite well will all the chatting! :cool:
Hope you all have a great day!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i'm practicing being more agreeable instead of contrary so i like everything i can. i have no idea if this is a *bad* thing or not from the resource usage perspective of the forum software itself or not, but i also think it is a nice way of letting someone know i've been reading along. :)

i'm sure if it is a major issue @Nifty or @sumi will let us know... at least i hope so! :)

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Good morning....
received_1208254402707993.jpeg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Yesterday we took the dump trailer that we have "borrowed" for the last 5 years home. LOL The owner was happy for us to keep it as our place is totally fenced and enclosed and his place isn't, thieves ya' know. So he needs to use it and we took it to him. LOL LOL

Then we came home, heated up leftovers for lunch. I got to thinking, watching weather reports, Thanksgiving and what day would be best for making a feed run and I decided that it was right then. So we went to get feed, we go to another town an hour away because I have fed a particular feed for 20 years and you can't pry my hands off of it. It is a 14% all purpose pellet and I give it to all the animals, horses, sheep, chickens and when we have feeder pigs, them too. It does not have lysine, an essential pig nutrient in it, so I fix that by tossing the pigs boiled eggs. Plus it is cheaper than all the different feeds that the feed industry has convinced us that we should buy for each animal. So we bought 1250 pounds, or 25 bags of feed. I unloaded all of it and would not let DH help, because of his eye surgery. You would have thought the world was ending. We put feed in the portable building that the sheep barn is attached to and feed in the horse barn. Got that chore done.

Was getting a bale of hay delivered for the sheep, it goes under their roof and I have to dig out the "dead hay" as the roof is low and the big bale won't fit otherwise. So this morning I have a heaping pile of dead hay to spread in the horse pasture, again, DH can't help because of all the dust and floating particles that might get in his eye. Then we go to the Dr for another eye check up, on Monday, he gets cataract surgery on his other eye. Anyone contemplating cataract surgery should not waffle on the decision, but get it done. DH is amazed at how well he can see now and is delighted at his eyesight. He is looking forward to having the other eye done, it is a whole new world to him. A few more weeks and he will be able to get back in the swing of things, small sacrifice for such life changing surgery.

Going for another cup of coffee!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad the surgery (ies) are working for BJ ! Seeing is NOT under rated. LOL.... But, hope he relaxes for a couple more weeks of "don't DO that".

Today I plan to finish a smallish portable "field shed"....for goats. Well, for a buck specifically but sized to use for others as may be needed. Since he is currently assigned an old "round pen" turned garden area -- which had to be hot wired to keep him in :he -- there was no shed. Winter is coming so, this option will work and can be moved elsewhere. Shame, as I have a couple already but, not tall enough. They were for the pigs, so now young kids or chickens get to use them. They aren't wasted and can be moved with the tractor.

Hey, while in there he is adding fertilizer to the garden plot!
That's the positive there. :D

Here goes day 2 of a week at home!!