Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is good this morning! Got hot water on the stove for tea too, y'all help yourselves.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i'm makin' another small pot of beans! :) they're already smelling good. will be done in time for lunch. always like to have plenty of beans around here as good filler.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Coffee is good this morning! Got hot water on the stove for tea too, y'all help yourselves.

i'd love some! thank you! :) one great thing about virtual coffee is that i can have a cup and still have my just brushed teefers still all sparkly clean and minty fresh. :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's cold out....30 at wake up --- but brilliant sunshine!! Sure reflected off of the frosted "everything" this morning. My kitchen is on the SE corner of my house and the light was amazing. You just wanted to DO something. Then, outside into low 30s sure cooled the enthusiasm. LOL Chickens were out but but every one else was still in the warmer barns.

It will be hard to go to work today as I am "in the mood" to stay and work in the house. Alas, won't happen. 3rd load of laundry in dryer and I'll be leaving about 11 for work. I'll be feeding salsa and chips today...not real exciting but --- that's the demo assigned.

Have a new tablet to set up and wow -- I am NOT, NOT, NOT wanting to do this. I use it for work at both jobs and the old one just won't hold a charge anymore for more than a short, short time. Battery costs almost that of new unit. Sooooooo, new one. Sales this time of year made it feasible. It is a larger size screen, nice. I have to do reports from jobs and those questions can be hard to read on small devices. Then the spots to touch are smaller and overall.....well, annoying. Of course, FIRST question was password to use my home WiFi -- had to go find that. Then, password for next thing and next thing......I turned it off and said "later!". Probably a Sunday job. LOL After all, I'd been at work all day and had answered customer questions until I was blue in the face, didn't need it after that.

Cold out and a little mouse had decided to move in. Nope, not welcome. Since it had shown a desire for the Ritz crackers I had left on the stand by my chair, I made it a little PB & Ritz snack. This morning, I found it had taken my offering and then I gave it a swirly swim! Will set another snack out tonight, in case there was a friend who missed out. LOL Don't want to slight another!!!!

Everyone enjoy their day!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Have a new tablet to set up and wow -- I am NOT, NOT, NOT wanting to do this. I use it for work at both jobs and the old one just won't hold a charge anymore for more than a short, short time. Battery costs almost that of new unit.

not sure what the battery is or the tablet, but sometimes the batteries+ places can refurbish them for less than you might expect. it never hurts to ask... i used an electric razor for almost 20yrs and through a few battery rebuilds before it finally fried out some other way. each time cost me about $15, which isn't much less than the cost of a new razor, but i liked how it shaved. the new electric razor i have doesn't have a battery in it at all so i'll avoid that further problem. still the best way to keep the face scraped a few times a week and much less bloody.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband has "acquired" my ultra quiet cat clippers for use as a shaver. He says it works better than any electric razor he has had.

I almost feel guilty with the outside temps here. It's been around 49° highs and 39° lows. We're at 47°N and I know it's much colder farther south.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready, I drank most of it, I’ll make some more. 30 degrees this morning. Trip jumped the fence at 5:15 AM, DH went out the front gate calling him. Trip ran past him and kept going. DH was so mad! Was waiting on daylight to go find him, when a smiling, white furry face appeared in the window. First time he’s ever jumped back in! Had Trip and Carson asleep in the floor, but farts were wafting through the air, Trip is out back now, under the care of a hot wire.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i'm going to make a bit of something warm to drink too. *puts on hot water for everyone*

we had a nice day out yesterday with much hijinks and laughs. of the simple kinds. we're easily amused. :) Mom now says she won't take me shopping ever again...

first of all we had lunch with a few friends at our favorite burger place (a bar in a nearby town). then we took off to do our usual rounds of shopping at places we have to drive a bit to get to so we only go once a month. the first place we had fun as usual and then when checking out we always have a lot of extra box tops which get used for various things around here including smothering weeds. one of the gals at the checkout was really friendly and funny so i told her about using them for gardening/smothering weeds and that the worms really liked them. :) i'll convert anyone to a gardener if i can any chance i get. :) p.s. bought Mom some of her favorite candy for Christmas.

then we went to the other store and we only went in for a few items (Mom had to return somethings and she wanted ice cream and cucumbers for making gyro sauce). so on the way out walking down the main aisle i see something we use a lot of on sale for $1 per can. so grab 4 cans. the price is clearly marked up top for $1. when we check out it rings up for $1.23. so we go to the service desk to get that taken care of. the lady at the counter needs someone to do the price check for her, talking to her manager who's at the other end of the counter, he calls someone to get a price check, the person who does the check says it is $1.23 but does not look up to see the tag that says $1. so i say "Stay there I'll be right there." so i walk back and find someone (a different person it turns out) who does the price check and then notes the sign does say $1 (he then changes it to be correct). ok, walk back to the counter and so the manager ends up having to walk back there too to find out what's going on. comes back and says he's talked to both people and that yes it was as i've said... finally!

with 25 minutes later with all sorts of Mom fake griping about saving 92 cents and her ice cream is melting (she loves melty ice cream!) saying she's never taking me again (oh please we know i hate shopping) we finally get out of there but since we walked the long way through the store to get some extra exercise (hence ice-cream) through the gardening department i see a nice tool (hoe hoe hoe!) in the gardening department on sale for less than half price so we pick one of those up too. that's the most Christmas shopping i've done this year and pretty much it. i'm done. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts