Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I am so exhausted with the negativity. One of my Facebook friends posted this. If I had chicks, I would probably do this just for the giggles.

Screenshot_20200404-071809_Facebook.jpg

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yesterday I taught a neighbor how to make dinner rolls, cinnamon rolls and bread. She took pictures of her creations and posted them on Facebook. The requests for the recipes brought a smile to my face. Pass on your skills and knowledge every chance you get.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Jamie, it is easy to get dragged down during this time. I am so very thankful that I'm an introvert... and that I have a yard and garden, and animals to enjoy. If I were a city girl, or an extrovert, I'd find it so much more difficult during this time. May we all find something to smile about! Laughter boosts the immunity.
Proverbs 17:22 ESV
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Posted forward from a new FB friend. I knew this gal when hubby and I started dating. At that time, (48 years ago! where has the time gone????) she was a skinny little girl, forever jumping off the float and dock at Swan Lake. I swear she was half fish. She's grown into quite an amazing woman:

Next year I don’t wanna hear about the Emmys, the Oscars, or Golden globes. I don’t want to see a single pathetic actor, actress, singer, celebrity or sports person on any red carpet!!
Next year I want to see nurses , doctors, healthcare workers, ambulance crews, pharmacists, home care workers, support workers, grocery store workers, farmers, ranchers and truck drivers having free red carpet parties with awards and expensive goodie bags. If this doesn’t happen it will be the biggest injustice ever!!
Thank you: all of you that are working hard to keep me safe and allow me to have food on my table.
Copy and paste......see if we can make this happen. ❤️

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Butchered two cockerels this afternoon. They started full on fighting today. I've been planning on it because they've been too rough on the hens. The head rooster is half silkie and more laid back so he didn't interfere but started crowing constantly until I came outside. Then he herded the girls away.

The cockerels were 1/4 silkie. Interestingly both had grey skin, one a bit lighter than the other. Not anywhere near the silkie black though. Meat is darker than regular chickens, more like duck in color.

Mom has me wanting chicken and dumplings. That's something hubby hasnt had before so we should.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Such a beautiful day here! I joined the congregation on zoom this morning which is still a novelty to me, then sent a few emails. One of the families I gave pears to last week said they were delicious :) I continued my crochet while the rain came over. I love the cloud cover, it is so calming and not yet cold. Everything is so calm and quiet in town.

The bunnies have free roam of the house and are being cute adorable little darlings. ... Just as I typed that the little girl one has nicked off to find mischief...

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We are also doing church. Live FB. It's not the same, but still a welcome opportunity to see and hear some of our loved ones. I will be working with a couple of my church family to set up telephone check in's with any one who doesn't have computer access, as well as anyone who simply wants the social support. We can all use that, these days.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad we can share via the net. Cute pictures & personal input helps our spirits be "out of the lockdown" A release.

During all of this, I have not needed to buy any of the "out of" things, nor groceries, for that matter. That's pretty "telling" to me. I did treat myself to an ice cream sandwich on a quick break at work yesterday. Sat outside in a chair display -- alone -- nice weather! -- no customers in or out. Quiet, to say the least.

It's a strange life of late. Memories of visits to grands when I was a child, sitting on the porch just waiting for anyone to pass -- to WAVE. Old farmhouse, several hundred feet off of a dirt road that was basically only traveled by any other soul living further down the holler. Serene, isolated -- lot of garden time!