Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cluckmecoop7

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well well, I thought we needed a place to hang out and talk around here. BYC (sister sight) has a cafe, so why not one here? Well, this thread can get as big as it wants...and hopefully people will like to come in and have a cup of coffee in the morning - or any time of day. :caf

- Clucky

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
word
winter.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Winter -- @Beekissed I like all you say about winter and it's loveliness. Unfortunately, most of the time that doesn't happen here. We rarely get much snow and even more rarely get over 3". Then it melts quickly, becoming dirty and icy. You live where this isn't like that and can enjoy the beauty of it. Being too coastal, the temps differ greatly. And I really hate COLD. Here, snow is just a messy thing. Every 8-10 years we have a "blizzard" here, get about a foot and it is pristine beauty!

We rarely get much snow anymore either.....used to get aplenty, but now it's more like your weather. Muddy, freezing and thawing, icy rains....lots and lots of rain. Every so often we get a foot~or three to five in the eastern part of the state~of really pretty snow, but not like we used to.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it would seem. ;) I don't LIKE the cold, but I love the variety of the seasons and the different landscapes that happen within them. I like the air quality in winter as opposed to the humidity of summer and I like what the cold can do for the gardens in the spring.

Mostly, I'm just grateful I can still SEE. I've lost most of the sight in one eye, so seeing is precious to me, no matter the weather. To me, it's all so beautiful merely because I can SEE it! Who knows if or when there will come a time when that is no longer something I'll be able to do. Winter, be it muddy, snowy, grey or white or brown, is something I cherish along with everything else I can see, smell, hear and experience.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I'm going to work on the screened porch today. Going to have a memorial for my husband for our friends here, so I got to get some things gone. Giving some stuff to Robert. Got a bunch of batteries, my son said to call salvage yards, sometimes they will buy them, beats paying to get rid of them. It was a "deal" that BJ found. LOL I have a chick brooder, it is getting picked up on Friday. :clap Another big chunk gone. There is an assortment of paneling and sheetrock in the portable building I'm moving. Also some bubble wrap radiant heat barrier that happens to be the very stuff Robert is putting up in his shop. He can put the paneling up in his shop too. He's happy, I'm happy, more stuff gone.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just being able to ramble on is always nice.

My dogs are weird.

Athena was in Zeus' bed and he wanted it back but she intimidates him. So he went into the bedroom and barked out the window. Athena went running and barking to see what she needed to defend against. Zeus sauntered past her and curled up in his bed.

Zeus doesn't normally bark so everyone pays attention when he does. He's conniving though

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Need rain protection and cannot free range because they can't see predators coming. Also 2 pounds or less of fluff can't scare anything off.

The black skin/meat/bones turns off some people even though they aren't as black as ayam cemani or svart hona. I make soup out of exta boys.

We potluck for my family's Halloween party and I'm thinking of taking chicken and rice soup using silkie and black rice.

Last edited:

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm going to Corpus Christi today to go see my granddaughters, their parents too. 7 hour drive one way. Also to see their new to them house, built 1950 of poured concrete. It has some updating to do, all of it $$$$$. The septic is clay pipe joints that go to 2 concrete culverts sunk in the ground, with no bottoms. They are on a wait list for a new system. They are also on a wait list for electricians to do a major overhaul, and a roofer that specializes in flat roofs, theirs leaks. They bought it so far under market, that even with the money they will put in it, it will still be under market. It is on 1 1/2 acres in a very desirable neighborhood where the prices are insane.

But most of all, I get to see my girls! I'll come back on Sunday.