Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband is always up before me. He makes the coffee, I defer to his manly talents. LOL On the rare occasions that I wake up before him, I just stay in bed until he wakes up so as not to disturb him. I figure he needs the rest.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Something I enjoy to listen to while preparing yet another status report at work. Lol

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just sitting here rambling.

I was thinking and my brain went off on a tangent. Mom and Dad have a wooden shed, on a wooden foundation. It's about 50 years old and still in pretty good condition. Floor is wooden boards. My brothers just replaced the plywood in the 30 year old metal kit shed with a wooden foundation.

Then I think of our weather here. The wooden foundations would have lasted maybe 5 years.

Such a difference between the high desert of Eastern Oregon and the temperate rain forest in Western Washington. And we are only 163 miles apart as the crow flies.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I feel guilty. Did not help with Toys for Tots this year. Worried about bringing COVID home to the wife. So much 1:1 public interaction, checking id's, etc., plus no extra precautions beyond a mask.

I can't risk bringing it home. I feel like I maybe was TOO cautious

Good news is 350 families/900 kids have a little something for Christmas.

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I feel guilty. Did not help with Toys for Tots this year.
Try not to feel guilty! This is a year of unique challenges. In previous year's I've helped with the toy drive at the college and the food give-a-ways. This year we left that to the young folks and have chosen to give with our checkbook instead of in person this year. When you're dealing with extraordinary risks for our loved ones who have medical challenges - it's just not worth the risk. We can re-asses next year and hopefully be able to help in a more personal way.

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My volly work was near non existent this year too. Its given me a good chance to shrink my world, that was really needed. I doubt I will ever go back to the level that I was at before, burn out was an understatement. I will probably just stick to my congregation duties from now on. I don't feel guilty for winding back, as sometimes ourselves need to come first!

Speaking of slacking off ( ;) ) I really don't feel like cooking tonight.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Taking a lunch break, and her royal Highness has the zooms. Tearing around the house, leap and bound up the chair, onto the tree. This is why we can't put out ornaments

20201214_122017.jpg