Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Got a Gurney's catalog in today's mail. No garden yet. The selection is a lot slimmer than I remember.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Just reading material! 😁 with your snow, yeah, no garden now.

A lot of the sites have on line catalogues but, I still like to handle one. You will NEED a garden or a good place to buy fresh -- gotta use that canner!! I'm so loaded with seeds I could go without buying a thing but, I will get a couple things. Tradition, right?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Just reading material! 😁 with your snow, yeah, no garden now.

A lot of the sites have on line catalogues but, I still like to handle one. You will NEED a garden or a good place to buy fresh -- gotta use that canner!! I'm so loaded with seeds I could go without buying a thing but, I will get a couple things. Tradition, right?
Still haven't found a property we like yet. Local prices have crept up as supply dwindles. I have a family friend who has a small farm, supplies produce to the local farmers market. Patience for finding something is wearing thin

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Might be hangry. I've been fasting because I am defrosting the fridge. Planning to go shopping to re-stock tonight and get Chinese takeaway (if it is open). Probably not the healthiest way to break the fast lol.

I tried to get all my food orders from the local general store but each week they have given me one or more rotten items and I just don't have the energy to argue for a refund. Small town gossip is worse than the second grade. It would be better for me to drive and find things on special in shops rather than pay full price for specifically ordered stuff that is hit and miss. Its still better than the last owners, but I am frustrated that I cant expect people here to follow the food safety laws. (This town doesnt follow many safety laws at all to be honest).

I love life out side of the city, but sometimes it pisses me off!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Lolol. The wife used the last coffee filter yesterday, need to run to the store when they open. Come on 2021.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Gotta have those coffee filters! Get two pkgs while you're out, lol.

We're just a little damp this morning from yesterday's rain. (Major understatement) We got a fast 3/4 inch and most of it fell on me, lol.

there’s a whole lot more rain out there and I hope it stays away. Unfortunately, we might not be that lucky. :fl

9C2195E3-9568-4E74-8517-24B0CDD56F15.png

Last edited:

Latest posts