Votes: 21 87.5%
  • Na, we don't need a cafe

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yep...I have 4 days of some amounts of rain! 😢 happy New Year? Not really.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It rained all day yesterday, last night and today. Last I checked, we got 3 1/2 " of rain. Most of it came down in a drizzle and soaked in, at least on our place. We were under flash flood watch until tonight.

It's midnight! Happy New Year y'all!!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My male cat complains at me to stop the heavier rain. While he stands in it, mostly ignoring it.

The female cat just goes about her business. If she gets tired of it, she'll come inside and sleep.

I swear the cats have gills. I still don't know how they don't get totally soaked when they are just sitting out in the garden staring off in the distance. They have very fine fur, but it somehow seems more water repellent than the coarser normal fur of other cats I've had.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Have Chex mix in the oven for the wife. Sipping coffee, took another small whack at the kitchen. Getting the monthly financial stuff done next

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
My aunt's BBQ meatballs are on the menu for lunch. Not BBQ in the true sense as educated by my southern bride. Lol. 1970's NE Ohio home economics teacher's recipe....Worcester sauce, ketchup, etc concoction. Feeling nostalgic today

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Rain, rain, rain here! Woke me about 2:30, went back to sleep...more hard rains, awoke and just got up about 4. This will be a loooonnng day! Been waiting almost 2 wks to be able to replace a little 30 ' section of fence! Too wet to secure new posts. :idunno :( Puddles everywhere. Slip and slide when you walk. Chores are messy, eggs get dirty with muddy hen feet, it's not fun.

But...still not wanting ice, snow, cold. Yeah, could be less messy but. :lol:. Cold!

I could cook more, then I have to eat more....life is getting to be just tough decisions. The meatballs sound good. Everything sounds good! Eat!!! Where's that scale??? :eek:

Temptations everywhere. Need a food lockdown, my mask just jumps off!

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Rainy, wet here too. Started after midnight, don't know how much yet, haven't looked at the gauge. Had 1.1 inches on Friday..... Sat was half sun but much warmer, 60's. Today in the 40's and supposed to get colder tonight again.

It is Winter......

Too bad some of us don't live closer. We could take turns cooking and feeding a group.... no guilt with having so much food sitting around. I think that all the time with all these chickens...

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
My aunt's BBQ meatballs are on the menu for lunch. Not BBQ in the true sense as educated by my southern bride. Lol. 1970's NE Ohio home economics teacher's recipe....Worcester sauce, ketchup, etc concoction. Feeling nostalgic today
I bake at 375 for one hour. If you use a low fat ground beef, the liquid doesn't get much liquid fat and makes a good "gravy" over potatoes.

I low carb this by using ground plain pork rinds for bread crumbs, and sunchokes for potatoes. But I used potatoes today (only had a smidge)

From our church cookbook from the mid 70s. The wife approved

20210103_144105.jpg

Daisy

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Huge spider on the kitchen window - on the outside. Was quite fun watching its little chompers while making dinner. The spiders are out in force this summer! I dont much mind them, but am getting a bit annoyed with spider bites. Its late at night here now and I was about to do the washing until I realised there are probably more of those massive suckers looking for a cool spot to ride out the heat wave. I do not need any more spiders coming in with the washing! I got bit on the bum by one in my pants.